Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receipts for Payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At what point do you get a receipt for payments made for the car? I read elsewhere about (another) source code method for checking payments got through but surely there is a receipt provided at some stage.
Nope, no receipt. As you know, you can check in SC for payments applied to your total deposit.

When I picked up yesterday they just said “I can see you’re fully paid” and that was that!

I'm genuinely amazed! Providing a receipt doesn't even need human intervention so I really don't understand what the problem is. This is no way to run a business and if I was a shareholder I would be jumping up and down. At the moment we are still in the dedicated, committed early adopter phase ... it would seem we are all prepared to put up with this wayward methodology. Once Tesla is truly competing for the "average buyer" things really must change or there's trouble ahead!

I'm genuinely amazed! Providing a receipt doesn't even need human intervention so I really don't understand what the problem is. This is no way to run a business and if I was a shareholder I would be jumping up and down. At the moment we are still in the dedicated, committed early adopter phase ... it would seem we are all prepared to put up with this wayward methodology. Once Tesla is truly competing for the "average buyer" things really must change or there's trouble ahead!

When you make a payment this goes against your full invoice, they don't issue payment confirmation receipts as well, the full invoice is your receipt

Reactions: Roy W.
When you make a payment this goes against your full invoice, they don't issue payment confirmation receipts as well, the full invoice is your receipt

I'll be quite happy if it appears on an invoice ... but it hasn't. By receipt I don't mean a piece of paper. I just mean an acknowledgement of any sort that they have my 40 grand and that that everything is in place for the delivery. Just looking in the source code they only have a note of having received half the amount (I did it in 2 payments). I get offered a receipt if I buy a Snickers bar from a garage for goodness sake!

• Funny
Reactions: .jg. and Roy W.
I
I'll be quite happy if it appears on an invoice ... but it hasn't. By receipt I don't mean a piece of paper. I just mean an acknowledgement of any sort that they have my 40 grand and that that everything is in place for the delivery. Just looking in the source code they only have a note of having received half the amount (I did it in 2 payments). I get offered a receipt if I buy a Snickers bar from a garage for goodness sake!
It can take up to 48 hours to appear in the source code, and seems a bit slow at the weekend.

A full invoice with company and address details is how businesses work, you then pay this invoice, what you are asking for is payment confirmation towards an invoice. Phone them up and ask them for it if it’s important to you but most businesses would reconcile their accounts to this invoice.

P.S you don’t get an invoice for a snickers unless you buy a pallet from a wholesaler

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
At what point do you get a receipt for payments made for the car? I read elsewhere about (another) source code method for checking payments got through but surely there is a receipt provided at some stage.
Well, you are too much of an European, I guess ;) . I had something of the same experience, earlier this year:
problems in the European delivery hell
It is just a bit annoying, but the car is nice to drive! :)

I am looking at making a couple of small value test payments to my Tesla account in preparation for making a final payment - nothing yet confirmed but I want to check payment details.
  • Would these payments be easy to spot on account - either in source code or elsewhere? I'm not looking for individual payments, total amount (even if added to reservation and order amounts) would be fine
  • Would they be offset against final payment?

Last edited: