Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received $3750 rebate a few days ago and now it's $7500. Any recourse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife suggested we wait until the end of the year to order the MYP. This was back in September. After a few weeks we decided to go ahead with the order (early October) and took delivery in early November. We may have missed the incentives but we really needed to get into a new car sooner than later, so no regrets. You win some you lose some. We’ve been very blessed with many things, and I’m sure we’ll catch a break on something else down the road.

My advice to anyone sweating losing out on the rebate/cash incentive is to be thankful for what you’ve got because the vast majority of people in this world can’t afford to get anywhere near that. First World problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’m asking to see if there is a possibility I will get credited back since my original delivery date was today 12/22. But instead they opted to call and text me on Tuesday to see if I wanted it delivered that same afternoon. I did mention in the txt sent to them about how I felt like I was baited to get it without knowing that if I stuck to my original delivery date I would be saving an additional $3750.

Reactions: Mike7564
Upvote 0
I think they need a class action lawsuit
Class action lawsuit because someone missed a lower price? Sorry, nothing illegal about that. Just business (maximize profit, throughput, minimize losses on discounts).

Class action lawsuit on a slew of other highly questionable and organized business practices which violate consumer protection laws, that’s totally a different story:
- $250 non-refundable order fee (non-refundable because of “logistics arranging/preparing the order”) which still does not assure the car you receive will have the features you selected at the time of the order.
- SA not disclosing that test driven cars have features (USS, parking assist, etc) that purchased cars will not have.
- removal of USS without notifying recipients at the time of delivery
- advertising and selling EAP prominently without stating that many components of it will be non-functional on delivery.
- etc

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Upvote 0
I’m asking to see if there is a possibility I will get credited back since my original delivery date was today 12/22. But instead they opted to call and text me on Tuesday to see if I wanted it delivered that same afternoon. I did mention in the txt sent to them about how I felt like I was baited to get it without knowing that if I stuck to my original delivery date I would be saving an additional $3750.
quasi dealership experience

Upvote 0
I just ordered the MY because of the incentives but it says I must take delivery by end of December for the discounts to to take effect. How do I know if the car will be available by end of December? If it is not available by the end of December, I assume I'd lose the $250 deposit if I don't want it after Dec?
You should check new car inventory in your nearby dealership and choose to buy that car rather than custom order yours. A custom order would never be ready in less than 9 days!

Reactions: tangers
Upvote 0
I took delivery of mine on 12/19/22 with $3,750 credit and 10k free supercharger. When I went into the service center to have my 2023 MY LR looked at (multiple defects, including a dent in the door frame.) They told me no I didn't qualify when I asked about the additional incentive. Not sure how I feel about that since there were 10 issues I had to address with the service center. I'm a bit bummed but figure it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm loving my car though!

Upvote 0