Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received $3750 rebate a few days ago and now it's $7500. Any recourse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1671736328696.png

Upvote 0
I just ordered the MY because of the incentives but it says I must take delivery by end of December for the discounts to to take effect. How do I know if the car will be available by end of December? If it is not available by the end of December, I assume I'd lose the $250 deposit if I don't want it after Dec?

Attachments

• 055AB5C7-C755-433B-B7A5-D3C9F148E877.png
    055AB5C7-C755-433B-B7A5-D3C9F148E877.png
    374.2 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
I do not want to cancel it if I can get the discounts. The whole purpose why I am buying it now. Why promote it if you cannot deliver it by end of December AND take(steal) customer's $250 deposit?

True, but it is also where you are in the queue when there are other buyers who are also purchasing to try to take advantage of the incentives.

The best thing you can try to do is to call or go to the Tesla store to see if they have the car spec you are looking for because the new inventory vehicles which become available will show up their internal system before it will eventually show up on the website.

That is how I gotten my MYP on the 13th as I was able to lock it in at the store as they saw it in the internal system while at the same time, the website did not show this vehicle. I am glad I was able to get the $3750 credit because I just tried to look at the MYP now since yesterday's new announcement, there are none, and the same goes for Long Range! Could try the configurator route, but it is a hit or miss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Took delivery on Tesla Y on Dec 17 with a $3750 rebate and now rebate in $7500 for deliveries Dec 21-31. Tesla should refund the additional $3750! Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
I was at Tesla SC today with a question and he told me about this. I asked him WTF is going on? ALOT of these cars are M3LR which are UNorderable. It's a good deal if you DON'T anticipate a $7500 tax bill next year Good luck getting the $3750. My brother who follows the market closely says Tesla is a broken company. Just good for speculation not long term investment

However I am gonna wait and see what this "new" model 3 has in it. There are too many holes in their safety suite such as rear traffic control sensors.

Upvote 0
True, but it is also where you are in the queue when there are other buyers who are also purchasing to try to take advantage of the incentives.

The best thing you can try to do is to call or go to the Tesla store to see if they have the car spec you are looking for because the new inventory vehicles which become available will show up their internal system before it will eventually show up on the website.

That is how I gotten my MYP on the 13th as I was able to lock it in at the store as they saw it in the internal system while at the same time, the website did not show this vehicle. I am glad I was able to get the $3750 credit because I just tried to look at the MYP now since yesterday's new announcement, there are none, and the same goes for Long Range! Could try the configurator route, but it is a hit or miss.
I went to local SC and they located one for me before end of Dec. Yeahhhhh

Reactions: Sango2
Upvote 0