Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received $3750 rebate a few days ago and now it's $7500. Any recourse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m asking to see if there is a possibility I will get credited back since my original delivery date was today 12/22. But instead they opted to call and text me on Tuesday to see if I wanted it delivered that same afternoon. I did mention in the txt sent to them about how I felt like I was baited to get it without knowing that if I stuck to my original delivery date I would be saving an additional $3750.
And yet they asked if You Wanted to pick it up early and You said yes. Lol

Upvote 0
And yet they asked if You Wanted to pick it up early and You said yes. Lol
I got a text to pick up early as well. I said hell NO. I know all manufacturers in December give big discounts and I knew Tesla was going to do something big! I am glad I waited and got extra 10K SC miles too. I am scheduled for Wednesday pickup. I am going to try to delay pickup until Thursday/friday but we will see if they allow me to delay longer..

Upvote 0
I got a text to pick up early as well. I said hell NO. I know all manufacturers in December give big discounts and I knew Tesla was going to do something big! I am glad I waited and got extra 10K SC miles too. I am scheduled for Wednesday pickup. I am going to try to delay pickup until Thursday/friday but we will see if they allow me to delay longer..
Yes take more of their money for those of us who missed out on the 2nd discount:)

Reactions: boulder.dude
Upvote 0
Funny, I reserved last week / Thursday, got my VIN assigned (existing inventory), scheduled pickup for 28th. They texted me and wanted me to come in earlier. I kept thinking (what if they give $10k incentive from 28-31 pickup).

Probably not happening though. I live in SoCal and all standing inventory Y and 3 are spoken for.

Reactions: Mike7564
Upvote 0
P.S. There's lots of complaining online,
the nature of mankind;

Cry Baby.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Happy Hippo
Upvote 0
Took delivery on Tesla Y on Dec 17 with a $3750 rebate and now rebate in $7500 for deliveries Dec 21-31. Tesla should refund the additional $3750! Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

I am in the same boat. But they specifically told me there will be no better discounts coming when I took the car. I also was thinking of rejecting delivery because there were some issues with the car, but ended up taking delivery. Wish I had delayed for a car without those issues, which may have been delivered later with both incentives.

Upvote 0