Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent CPO price increases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something else strange... this weekend, almost 300 cpo's vanished off the site (at least according to the good people at ev-cpo). We were at just over 800 cpo's here in the states, now its just over 500. Happened at the same time as the price increases.

Yup. On Friday night/Saturday morning, Tesla removed over 600 CPO listings, and then slowly added about half of them back with price changes.

Something else strange... this weekend, almost 300 cpo's vanished off the site (at least according to the good people at ev-cpo). We were at just over 800 cpo's here in the states, now its just over 500. Happened at the same time as the price increases.

Sometimes cars disappear and re-appear.

But it could be they sold off a bunch of the lower-value cars to a wholesaler.

This is interesting. As I've been doing a lot of price comparos with new vs CPOs...and I keep coming up with new cars that are $2k - $3k of CPOs and similarly equipped. Which makes me lean toward buying new.

I wonder if Tesla's marketing branch is up to something.

Tesla really does have a strong influence on used Tesla pricing. There are 500 used model Ses showing up on Hank's site in the U.S.A. and 400 on all of Autotrader. Sure, not everything is on Autotrader, but Tesla doesn't post everything they have on their site either. Minimally, I think it is fair to say that fully HALF of all used Teslas for sale are being sold by Tesla themselves. When you combine this with the lack of understanding about the car by most resellers, the unknowns about repairs, and lack of warranties from third party resellers, you can see where Tesla has the ability to control price.

As an aside, I don't think any of this translates to great trade-in values for current owners. Indeed, I often wonder (perhaps cringe at) what former owners got for their trades when I see used Teslas for sale at local dealers.

I took the plunge after getting this alert from evcpo on a P85+ 60k miles on Saturday.. dropped back down to early June pricing : Preowned Price: $48,500 +Tech Package
Price change: $-4,500

Drive 20k a year so 2/4 yr warranty both max out at a similar time... Will check back with CPO for an X in 2 years :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: byeLT4