Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered today.
MYP
Pearl White/Black
FSD

The estimate said 1-10 weeks. I laughed a little.

I am not in a particular rush, it's just I was able to get a good trade on my wife's current car, so I decided to make the move. Guess we'll see what happens!

I stopped after hours at my Service Center thinking my MYP would be delivered tonight. In fact I arrived as the truck guys were unloading it. Two things of interest:

1. My MYP has a strange build error. The white interior has the wood dash piece from the black interior, rather than the normal white "ceramic" piece. I kind of dig it, though. They only thing I really didn't like about the white interior was that white dash piece, which is incredibly coincidental. I'm going to ask them to leave it.
2. My 137XXX VIN MYP was unloaded with a red MYP VIN 141XXX. However both had exactly the same 2/26/21 build date - further evidence that they assign these numbers very early in operations planning, and move them around as they have demand or parts availability.
MYP - 4.jpeg

Attachments

• MYP - 1.jpeg
    MYP - 1.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 60
  • MYP - 3.jpeg
    MYP - 3.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 79
  • MYP - 1.jpeg
    MYP - 1.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: VikH and Jemblue7my
1. My MYP has a strange build error. The white interior has the wood dash piece from the black interior, rather than the normal white "ceramic" piece. I kind of dig it, though. They only thing I really didn't like about the white interior was that white dash piece, which is incredibly coincidental. I'm going to ask them to leave it.
I think that's cool. I hope they let you keep it. I like the white interior, but I don't like that white trim piece either.

I stopped after hours at my Service Center thinking my MYP would be delivered tonight. In fact I arrived as the truck guys were unloading it. Two things of interest:

2. My 137XXX VIN MYP was unloaded with a red MYP VIN 141XXX. However both had exactly the same 2/26/21 build date - further evidence that they assign these numbers very early in operations planning, and move them around as they have demand or parts availability. View attachment 643471
That "error" for the dash should be an option. Good for you!

I think that's cool. I hope they let you keep it. I like the white interior, but I don't like that white trim piece either.

That "error" for the dash should be an option. Good for you!
Got a note back from the Tesla delivery team that they've made a note of the "mismatch configuration" for the factory team, but they are more than happy to leave the wood trim installed. Yay! I remember I almost didn't order the white because I hated that white dashboard piece. I don't think it looks very premium, and it reflects in the windshield too much. So happy about that incredible coincidence.

2. My 137XXX VIN MYP was unloaded with a red MYP VIN 141XXX. However both had exactly the same 2/26/21 build date - further evidence that they assign these numbers very early in operations planning, and move them around as they have demand or parts availability. View attachment 643471
Wow congrats! I think the dash goes well with the white seats. I would've totally picked that if I could've. You are so lucky!

Reactions: dn325ci
Ordered today.
MYP
Pearl White/Black
FSD

The estimate said 1-10 weeks. I laughed a little.

I am not in a particular rush, it's just I was able to get a good trade on my wife's current car, so I decided to make the move. Guess we'll see what happens!

Replying to myself for context:

Ordered yesterday, got a call from the Advisor at lunch today that they have a car matching what I ordered and can take delivery next week. I inquired about the build date so the Advisor went to do some digging. Unfortunately (for me), it is a December car, so no heated steering wheel or new center console. I politely declined, the SA agreed it would be better to wait for the updates. So if someone in Houston is interested in a white/black MYP + FSD, but does not care about the console or wheel, you can take delivery next week!

Got a note back from the Tesla delivery team that they've made a note of the "mismatch configuration" for the factory team, but they are more than happy to leave the wood trim installed. Yay! I remember I almost didn't order the white because I hated that white dashboard piece. I don't think it looks very premium, and it reflects in the windshield too much. So happy about that incredible coincidence.
I've had the white interior in my M3P for the past two and a half years and I've never noticed the reflection on the windshield. However, you can sometimes see it in the passenger side mirror. It's noticeable if you're paying attention to it, but I cannot even remember the last time I even noticed it. My MYP on order also has the white interior.

Having said that, it's cool that you prefer the wood trim on the dash and that they're letting you keep it!

Reactions: dn325ci
Order MYLR red/black a couple of weeks back. Got a vin the following day and delivery date for less than a week later. The car had the new console and heated steering wheel. It was a beauty. However, I decided that the new headlights was a must (hoping for future features like cornering and anti-dazzle). So, refused the car and updated for MYP red/black. Site was updated last Tuesday but now I have no vin nor any indication of when I might get the car. When configuring an identical new one, the site has been flip-flopping between 1-3 weeks delivery and 1-10 weeks delivery. So, patience and hope for quality build. Worth it.