Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just switched over from the M3P and placed my MYP order today.

I went to my local SC to test drive a Model 3, Y and S and ended up liking the MYP the most. It sucks to lose a little bit of acceleration, but the extra space definitely makes up for it. It'll be a way comfier ride for myself and any passengers.

I spoke to my SA and he found a MYP that was currently just left the factory and was on the train towards Chicago that wasn't assigned to anyone, so I got insanely lucky. It'll be a 8 day wait, maybe sooner if it arrives at the SC before then (which is looking likely).

Location - Chicago, IL
Delivery Date - 3/13/21
VIN - 5YJYGDEF6MF1369XX

I heard there are some new features in the 21 MYP, like the new Center Console, adaptive lights. Are there any other new features we are hoping to get?
Update: Tesla just called me and said my MYP will be available for pickup today. Going to head there shortly to pick her up! Ordered 03/04/21 and picking up 03/09/21.

A 5 day turn around from the Factory to my SC. I was waiting for my M3P for 2.5 months and put it on pause today. Crazy that I was able to get everything done in 5 days with the MYP after waiting so long for the 3!

Last edited:
After a long wait, have been assigned a VIN!! Will take delivery next week, 24 weeks after my order date. VIN 1345XX, MYP, MSM, Black, Tow, FSD. Born 3/7, so should have all the reported updates in US circulation. I'm excited to finally use accessories like the roof rack and a set of winter wheels that have been building dust in the garage. I may even be able to eek out a few winter drives before spring is in full swing.

Update: Tesla just called me and said my MYP will be available for pickup today. Going to head there shortly to pick her up! Ordered 03/04/21 and picking up 03/09/21.

A 5 day turn around from the Factory to my SC. I was waiting for my M3P for 2.5 months and put it on pause today. Crazy that I was able to get everything done in 5 days with the MYP after waiting so long for the 3!
Wow! I placed my order on 2/27. I have a delivery appointment at the Highland Park location scheduled for 3/16.

I’m hoping it comes early, but haven’t heard a word from my SA. Which location did you order from?

Reactions: Jemblue7my
After calling Delivery Center for two days they just finally figured out my car is delayed now until 3/16. Was supposed to pick up this Thursday. Car is coming form Utah to CA. No clue how it got there. Luckily I had an inside person at Tesla tracking my car and said it was strange that it was coming from Utah and probably wasn't going to make the delivery date on time. LAME!!!

I also picked up my MYP yesterday (White / White no FSD) and it was basically perfect. The only thing I could even remotely find wrong with the car is the spoiler was already starting to lift a tiny bit, but I will just keep an eye on it for now. I love the car and the way it drives! New headlights, console, heated wheel! From order to delivery was just over a week for me!

Question: when does the order status page move from Prepare for Delivery?

Once you complete the registration information that should be marked as completed and you'll be presented with a prompt for insurance info.

You can verify "Prepare for Delivery" is complete by clicking the "(i)" next to "Overview".

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 09.13.13.png

The list of steps that appears should show a checkmark next to "Prepare for Delivery".

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 09.09.17.png

Once you complete the registration information that should be marked as completed and you'll be presented with a prompt for insurance info.

You can verify "Prepare for Delivery" is complete by clicking the "(i)" next to "Overview".

View attachment 643281

The list of steps that appears should show a checkmark next to "Prepare for Delivery".

View attachment 643282
Got it. Thanks. Yeah, that’s what mine shows. Was curious when it moved to “Payment” since I’ve already shelled over a bunch of money lol.

I ordered MYP this Saturday, 2/27. I received a VIN within hours, and a text from Tesla Cincinnati that my order was auto-matched to an unspoken-for MYP that had been built the prior day 2/26 in the factory and would be sent to Ohio. The advisor confirmed this vehicle had heated steering wheel, new console and new headlights. Estimated delivery is now showing on my Manage page as March 09 - March 15. Surprises me how fast that was. Coincidentally one of my buddies decided to order a red MYP today. Same thing - matched to a VIN already, with a delivery of March 10 - 16, also at Tesla Cincinnati. Wow.
Update on mine: arriving today at Tesla Cincinnati by truck. Delivery scheduled for Friday 3/12, but there may be a chance to pull it forward a day to Thursday (tomorrow). So that will have been either 12 or 13 days from order/$100 deposit day to delivery day. This was an MYP, Midnight Silver, White. Keep you posted.

As an aside on headlights: I've been at Tesla Cincinnati a couple nights this week. There are new delivery MY LR that were built just a few days ago that still with old design headlights, and MYP's with early to mid-February build dates with the new headlights. Maybe the new headlights are only for the MYP model?