Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't that how it is done? I thought Tesla delivered cars to Europe the first months of a quarter then took care of the US? Or at least that is how the SA worded it to me.
I thought that too for the longest of time until I saw this post where someone was like "Yup but they are not selling/delivery Model Ys in Europe yet" and I was like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you frequent the ev-cpo.com website, you will eventually find one close if not same to your order. You will just have to roll the dice by calling your SA/ delivery center to see if they can quickly assign that VIN to you.

In a way you are the one manually looking for a VIN to be assigned to yourself.
not sure if its just me but i have not been able to access ev-cpo for a few days now

Honest question, how do they know when you should get a VIN?
They see more than we do.

My SA told me that they have visibility towards something called a "production plan". They know what will be going into production at what time, and when will they be receiving cars from California (I guess therefore they also know which one might be matched to your order).

I was told by my SA (1 or 2 week ago) that my car should be produced last week or this week, and they are looking to receive it during the week of May 24 and I can expect delivery the week after - obviously with the caveat "these are all tentative".

Reactions: FMSCMYP
They see more than we do.

My SA told me that they have visibility towards something called a "production plan". They know what will be going into production at what time, and when will they be receiving cars from California (I guess therefore they also know which one might be matched to your order).

I was told by my SA (1 or 2 week ago) that my car should be produced last week or this week, and they are looking to receive it during the week of May 24 and I can expect delivery the week after - obviously with the caveat "these are all tentative".
Where are you located? My SA in Charlotte said he has no such access or tool and maybe it’s a regional thing.
Does your helpful SA want to check for me?! Ha (half joking….)

Where are you located? My SA in Charlotte said he has no such access or tool and maybe it’s a regional thing.
Does your helpful SA want to check for me?! Ha (half joking….)
LOL i am in Canada. I think that worked for me because there arent that many MYP orders here?

My SA's title is also some senior advisor - its a long story but it involved me hounding a sales guy for the longest of time about Tesla quality in 2018, I eventually got a M3P in 2018 Sep, took delivery, found out that the hood was sunken/bent and went all Karen on everyone (after they tried to fix it twice and both times made it worse in the end it was bent and there was also a big soft dent) so that got me escalated to this senior guy. 18 months later I ordered a MYP online and surprise surprise the senior guy reached out and said "hey i thought i remember your name! I'll help!" (which is also why I dont complaint about Tesla customer service coz so far it has been amazing). He probably also forget that I was on Karen mode...

I'd say try getting your SA to ask upwards!

Elon's tweet really has me thinking about what is best to do at this point with rolling out the new cells in Austin for the MY. I get the whole "Tesla is like buying tech, just wait and there will always be something better" but this one even my wife was paying attention. Apparently she has been listening as I blather on about battery technology.

This is a fundamental platform shift. Like Apple going to the M1 chip. For that, I waited and I am glad I did.

Anyone else really considering waiting who doesn't have a VIN?

Elon's tweet really has me thinking about what is best to do at this point with rolling out the new cells in Austin for the MY. I get the whole "Tesla is like buying tech, just wait and there will always be something better" but this one even my wife was paying attention. Apparently she has been listening as I blather on about battery technology.

This is a fundamental platform shift. Like Apple going to the M1 chip. For that, I waited and I am glad I did.

Anyone else really considering waiting who doesn't have a VIN?
Considering it but on the other hand, knowing Tesla having never kept a timeline and also all the potential QC problems from a new factory are making me not want to delay further.

Reactions: captainreynold
Considering it but on the other hand, knowing Tesla having never kept a timeline and also all the potential QC problems from a new factory are making me not want to delay further.
Those are good point and I agree Tesla's timelines are really hit or miss. It would be my luck though that this time they hit them fairly close. So then there would be the significantly lighter, faster, 400 mile range, "better" MYP that just announced after mine is delivered. We all know what that does to resale value. Since you really don't get any discounts when buying unless Tesla is discounting to make room for something new, you really get hit with the impact of that new model if you go to sell. If that was 18 months down the road, not as much of an issue for me. I don't care about the minor improvements as they make them but these major ones matter to me.

Sadly I think QC issues are going to be a problem with Tesla for the foreseeable future regardless of where they are made (at least for the US). Once Austin is up and running for a while, my hope is that it will be improved. The M3P I drove had really bad wind leaks because obviously the windows weren't adjusted properly. A few other issues as well. That coming from a factory that has been making them for years. So I think QC is part of the Faustian bargain you make when you buy a Tesla. At least the paint on it was pretty decent. Body panel alignment wasn't terrible, or bad, but I couldn't call it good by any stretch.

• Informative
Reactions: FoxVega