Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I'm reading the thread correctly, it seems that MYP orders placed in July are getting EDDs in the late August/early September range, while MYLRs are seeing EDDs going well into October (mine is currently 10/6-26 for an order placed on 7/15). Is this a known pattern? I makes a certain amount of sense, assuming the MYPs represent higher margins.

Reactions: lchen6
So if I'm reading the thread correctly, it seems that MYP orders placed in July are getting EDDs in the late August/early September range, while MYLRs are seeing EDDs going well into October (mine is currently 10/6-26 for an order placed on 7/15). Is this a known pattern? I makes a certain amount of sense, assuming the MYPs represent higher margins.
It is well known at this point. Multiple folks have switched MYLR to MYP if they can afford the price increase and fed the margin for Tesla.

Tesla sent me a text to setup the delivery appointment for 8/26. I was only given the choice of home delivery. I was under the impression you could choose the delivery location (home or SC). Is there any reason I might want to try to change it to be picked up from the SC?
They are pushing very hard on home delivery the past couple of month. You will need to reach out to SA to negotiate if you can pick up from the SC. Otherwise they are defaulting to home delivery.

Last edited:
You’re next! Did you get a vin today?

Congrats! 👍

I checked this morning around 7:30am on my account but didn't see a VIN yet, and my EDD now shows 8/19 - 8/30. I figured I might see a VIN around Thursday, but seeing that you got your today makes me more hopeful now.

Did you get an email notification? Or did you just happen to stumble across your VIN when checking your Tesla account page?

It is well known at this point. Multiple folks have switched MYLR to MYP if they can afford the price increase and fed the margin for Tesla.

This is what I did, and a few others saw what I did in the other LR threads and also decided to order a MYP.

The main thing that was originally holding me back from buying a MYP was the difference is price, as I ordered the MYLR at the 48,990 price back in Feb, and I ordered the MYP at the 60,990 price (only option I added on both was the tow). That's a pretty big difference in price in my case, and for me I had to take that into heavy consideration as my MYLR would probably get delivered a month later in late-Sept. However, after test driving the MYP last weekend at the store and running the numbers afterwards, I could make it work and still be comfortable & happy about, so I figured yolo! To be honest, if the MYLR was available now then I would be more than happy to take delivery of it and save $12k, and just enjoy the car as is..... but there's just something about the Performance model that makes me want to get it just a bit more and I know will bring more smiles to my face when I drive it 😁.

Now if you're looking to put in an order right now for either the MYLR or the MYP, then the difference in cost is much less ($7k) but you also need to take into consideration the long wait time as well. You might be able to take delivery of the MYP in Sept, or you can wait until January (or possibly get a late-Dec allocation) to take delivery of the MYLR.

Reactions: M-S-M and lchen6
Congrats! 👍

I checked this morning around 7:30am on my account but didn't see a VIN yet, and my EDD now shows 8/19 - 8/30. I figured I might see a VIN around Thursday, but seeing that you got your today makes me more hopeful now.

Did you get an email notification? Or did you just happen to stumble across your VIN when checking your Tesla account page?
No email or text. Just did my early morning check and saw the "2021" on my dashboard and then clicked on manage and saw my VIN.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll probably just let it be. Not sure they would fix problems on the spot at the SC anyway. Fingers crossed for no QC issues.

When I had my Model 3 delivered to me in March 2020, my car was pretty much flawless. It was one the earliest home deliveries in the LA area, since the pandemic had just started the week before and the Freemont factory had shut down. There were a few things I noticed that needed addressing, but depending on your skill level and how comfortable you are working on cars, it might be easier & faster (and more rewarding) to just take care of any issues yourself.

My main concern would be any paint issues (scratches or dings & dents in the paint), which would require the Service Center to take the car in to repaint panels. Fortunately my car didn't need that, and for the most part a lot of delivered cars don't need any repainting. Small burs or specs I can wet sand & buff out myself, which I actually did on the driver side fender.... most people wouldn't have noticed it but I did, and afterwards it was as good as new. My rear hatch lid was also slightly miss-aligned, but I had my kids hold it open while I adjusted the 12mm bolts on the bracket and adjusted the rubber stoppers in order to realign it with the body. The same with the passenger side rear tail light, as I had to fix the alignment on that too. Also, unscented baby wipes can work wonders if there's any dirty spots inside the car on the headliner or on the seats.

Not everything needs a technician to address, but also not everyone is mechanically inclined to be working on cars or may not have the desire to deal with any issues they find, so ymmv.

Reactions: lchen6
If that's the case, then I could be seeing a VIN as early as tomorrow, since my EDD today is 8/19 - 8/30 🤞
This is what I did, and a few others saw what I did in the other LR threads and also decided to order a MYP.

The main thing that was originally holding me back from buying a MYP was the difference is price, as I ordered the MYLR at the 48,990 price back in Feb, and I ordered the MYP at the 60,990 price (only option I added on both was the tow). That's a pretty big difference in price in my case, and for me I had to take that into heavy consideration as my MYLR would probably get delivered a month later in late-Sept. However, after test driving the MYP last weekend at the store and running the numbers afterwards, I could make it work and still be comfortable & happy about, so I figured yolo! To be honest, if the MYLR was available now then I would be more than happy to take delivery of it and save $12k, and just enjoy the car as is..... but there's just something about the Performance model that makes me want to get it just a bit more and I know will bring more smiles to my face when I drive it 😁.

Now if you're looking to put in an order right now for either the MYLR or the MYP, then the difference in cost is much less ($7k) but you also need to take into consideration the long wait time as well. You might be able to take delivery of the MYP in Sept, or you can wait until January (or possibly get a late-Dec allocation) to take delivery of the MYLR.

This "10 day" mark cheat code is now never gonna get out of me until I get the VIN. :eek:.

Same I was on the same boat, then I went to the store drove the MYP and wasn't that "rough" of a ride for me (maybe my sensitivity level just not as good as people on this board, 🤷‍♂️) then went for the MYP instead.

You could probably make a nice profit flipping the MYLR. Help pay for the Performance price difference.