Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the process seems to be you get a vin, then a delivery date, and then are asked to make the final payment. Is this timeline correct? I've read some made the final payment before inspecting the car and saw all kinds of problems. I've also read other posts where the final payment wasn't made until after inspection. What are you going to do? If I can, I won't make the final payment until I am happy with the inspection.

So the process seems to be you get a vin, then a delivery date, and then are asked to make the final payment. Is this timeline correct? I've read some made the final payment before inspecting the car and saw all kinds of problems. I've also read other posts where the final payment wasn't made until after inspection. What are you going to do? If I can, I won't make the final payment until I am happy with the inspection.
My plan is to take a cashier's check with me to the delivery appointment. Complete the external inspection. There have been some reports of people getting inside the car prior to accepting delivery with the help of a staff member in order to inspect the inside. From what I understand, you typically can't get into the car without accepting delivery on you phone first. Regardless, document anything you aren't happy with and only refuse the car if there's something you can't live with.

Reactions: Tabor
Certain states require
Certain states require full payment before the car can cross state lines, according to what I've read on the forums. In MN last year I completed my inspection (inside and out) before signing anything including any financial stuff.

My plan is to take a cashier's check with me to the delivery appointment. Complete the external inspection. There have been some reports of people getting inside the car prior to accepting delivery with the help of a staff member in order to inspect the inside. From what I understand, you typically can't get into the car without accepting delivery on you phone first. Regardless, document anything you aren't happy with and only refuse the car if there's something you can't live with.

Sounds like a good plan. If there are things caught on the inspection and we except the vehicle, can those problems get fixed at a service center under warranty?

Sounds like a good plan. If there are things caught on the inspection and we except the vehicle, can those problems get fixed at a service center under warranty?

You have 3 days or 100 miles to report any cosmetic issues/problems (paint, glass, scratched interior or wheel, etc.) Beyond that, other things may also be fixed under warranty, as long as it is considered "not within spec." For example later you notice a panel gap or door/frunk isn't closing properly.

Ordered 9/1. Told today early November, see email from SA.

Attachments

• 399C0310-97E4-47B3-989A-993822E96099.jpeg
    399C0310-97E4-47B3-989A-993822E96099.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 68
I realize the EDD's have been all over the place and constantly changing. However, our July order went from October to December and now says Mar-Apr 2022. That's the same time that it estimates on the website if I were to put in a new order today. I talked to my SA and he said there is nothing in our account that I haven't clicked on or information I haven't supplied to have caused it to get pushed back so he claims it's just the current delays. Does anyone else with a July order have an EDD in March/April?

Our order: We put a reservation in on a LR RWD (white, white int, 20", no tow, no FSD) in Nov 2019 and switched it to a LR AWD in February 2020 with a hold that we lifted in July 2020. It will be almost 2.5 years from the time we first reserved it if we get it in Mar/Apr. Sigh.

I realize the EDD's have been all over the place and constantly changing. However, our July order went from October to December and now says Mar-Apr 2022. That's the same time that it estimates on the website if I were to put in a new order today. I talked to my SA and he said there is nothing in our account that I haven't clicked on or information I haven't supplied to have caused it to get pushed back so he claims it's just the current delays. Does anyone else with a July order have an EDD in March/April?

Our order: We put a reservation in on a LR RWD (white, white int, 20", no tow, no FSD) in Nov 2019 and switched it to a LR AWD in February 2020 with a hold that we lifted in July 2020. It will be almost 2.5 years from the time we first reserved it if we get it in Mar/Apr. Sigh.
This thread is for MYP, so most of our order to delivery windows are much shorter.

But there has to be a thread out there for MYLR

Reactions: Jbapckfan