Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting on a model X, yesterday I placed order for MYP red with white interior and got an EDD of December 12 to 31st, seems like a quick delivery if it’s true. Any one see a one month delivery after order?
OD 9/3. Got a VIN assigned 9/27, but it was removed approx 36 hours later (EOQ push, a LOT of people had the same happen too). Been waiting since.

"If u get a MYLR, you'll be waiting 'til Spring 2022. But MYP is 5 to 6 weeks!! YAY!!" ... Starting week 10. @Starway2001 is on week 12, a couple week 13s, I think there's someone still waiting from mid-late July.

Waiting on a model X, yesterday I placed order for MYP red with white interior and got an EDD of December 12 to 31st, seems like a quick delivery if it’s true. Any one see a one month delivery after order?
I am also waiting for an X. Ordered a MYP a couple of months ago as a backup. EDD now 11/8-21. I will take the X when it finally comes but I have no confidence that will be any time soon so I will take the MYP and sell it once I get the X. So frustrating the lack of communication on the X.

Reactions: Dmithun
Does anyone know if updating my order to include a tow hitch will impact my place in the que and/or require me to pay the updated price for the car....? Is it viewed the same as switching from a LR to a P (that would lead to me paying the current price) or is it 'just a change'.... not something that impacts my que or price of the car?

Some perspective for all of you, it seems to me that Tesla is actually pretty fast at allocating and delivering cars. I've factory ordered 3 cars since 2013. Keep in mind this is all pre-pandemic, pre-chip shortage, pre-shipyard delay problems

• 2013 Subaru STI - Inquired about it through a dealer contact on 8/3/2012, don't know exactly when the dealer got the allocation but finally got the car on 11/26/2012. Total time just under 3 months
  • 2015 Volvo V60 - Ordered it early Nov 2014, car was delivered Jan 31, 2015. This was actually pretty quick, but this was a low demand car so you'd expect they would be quick to deliver. Time just under 3 months, same as the previous car.
  • 2016 BMW M3 - had to contact a few dealers before I finally settled on one who gave me a reasonable deal and wasn't selling over MSRP. I first reached out to this dealer on 6/16/2015. Lots of back & forth before the dealer finally secured a build slot for me by trading with another dealer, and then I finalized my build, waited and got my car on 9/30/2015. low production/high demand car, pain in the ass to get without paying up but I did it, and glad I did, fantastic car. This was my longest wait but BMW was better than the others at keeping me updated as to where I was in the build process.
This tells me that all things considered, in this environment, Tesla is doing pretty good.

The big thing that was lacking in the BMW process was since my car was built in Germany it had to be shipped on a boat, so once it was built I had almost zero visibility on when it would arrive in the states. I had to do digging on the forums and eventually figured out what boat my car was on and was able to kinda track it through some ship tracking sites. I was even able to watch the boat going through the panama canal on their webcam, so that was fun.

For those of in the states it seems to be much quicker for Tesla since our cars are built here.

I think if I was in the market for a custom spec M3 (the original M3, not your Model 3 forum shorthand) in today's environment I would be looking at months and months of wait, especially dealing with traditional dealers who are free to charge markups.

Does anyone know if updating my order to include a tow hitch will impact my place in the que and/or require me to pay the updated price for the car....? Is it viewed the same as switching from a LR to a P (that would lead to me paying the current price) or is it 'just a change'.... not something that impacts my que or price of the car?
You will have to pay the new price as newly configured.

Tow can be installed after the fact for approx $1300 after tax by Tesla at a service center. So if the price of the car has gone up $1k and you lay $1k for tow, that's $700 more than leaving it alone and having the hitch installed after delivery. No change in functionality or capability.

Reactions: Tombaugh
All these whipper snappers just ordered and want a VIN already. It’s really cute. Especially to someone waiting since mid August.
mid august = less than 3 months. Every car I've custom ordered (which is pretty much every Tesla order for everyone else who doesn't buy from inventory) has been just about a 3 month wait. And we're in the midst of an unprecedented chip shortage. I know the wait sucks, I've experienced it multiple times (see my post just 3 above), but you'll get your car, your day will come. You ordered their multi-coat red, I suspect they produce these cars in color batches. They may be backlogged for red cars. People who ordered white, grey, silver, you know, the boring colors, well they are getting theirs, or more consistently posting about it, more frequently so it seems like you are being put at the back of the line but really you ordered the expensive paint with the more rare (but correct) white interior. that's probably why it's taking so long for you. It'll come soon though!

Last edited:
Reactions: KAUSTIN
mid august = less than 3 months. Every car I've custom ordered (which is pretty much every Tesla order for everyone else who doesn't buy from inventory) has been just about a 3 month wait. And we're in the midst of an unprecedented chip shortage. I know the wait sucks, I've experienced it multiple times (see my post just 3 above), but you'll get your car, your day will come. You ordered their multi-coat red, I suspect they produce these cars in color batches. They may be backlogged for red cars. People who ordered white, grey, silver, you know, the boring colors, well they are getting theirs, or more consistently posting about it, more frequently so it seems like you are being put at the back of the line but really you ordered the expensive paint with the more rare (but correct) white interior. that's probably why it's taking so long for you. It'll come soon though!
Not sure what your point is. Those of us that had their original estimate blown out 3 times over despite going to the MYP route because estimate times shrank doesn't excuse Tesla not having a grip on their logistics or their lack of communication.

New guy here!
MYP, Silver, Tow Hitch.
Ordered Nov 3rd
EDD: 12/20-12/31

I didn't read ahead and applied for financing right away. My 1099 contracted job allows me to write off about $25,000 a year using milage so wasn't really bothered by whatever interest/monthly payment it was. Crazy thing is, they aren't requiring a down payment, and didn't ask me for income verification. I accepted the offer. all I owe is taxes and fees to pickup. if they ask for income verification or last years taxes, it will look bad because last years taxes I was making a third of what I do now. REALLY hoping they dont deliver past January 2nd and make me reapply, because I swear there was a glitch in the system...

Has anyone been asked for income verification/tax returns AFTER accepting the financing?

Got a text for my delivery date
DBE0BD20-CEB7-44D4-BC12-CE2D09EF3192.jpeg

Silver isn't being delivered either. It's probably CA being pushed to EOQ