Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which one did you get? I’ll be honest with you I only place the order because they said it would be delivered in January and that’s when I’m assuming the tax credits will go into affect. If they update my delivery to December I’m going to have to ask Tesla to postpone the delivery
Congrats. I just placed mine yesterday and today it updated from January to a EDD of 12/11-12/31. Completed my profile today as well

Thank you so much! Any tips or tricks I should know about or start getting ready for?
You could get your car in a month or four months. Prepare emotionally for worst case. Don’t expect much communication from Tesla. Order your accessories now as a lot is back ordered (like floor mats).

Most important. Make sure your profile is complete otherwise you won’t enter the “queue”.

Speaking of queues and/or lines. You aren’t in any sequential order of fairness. It’s an algorithm that picks reservations based on many things (like part shortages). Best to think of it as a Bingo hopper.

Last edited:
Which one did you get? I’ll be honest with you I only place the order because they said it would be delivered in January and that’s when I’m assuming the tax credits will go into affect. If they update my delivery to December I’m going to have to ask Tesla to postpone the delivery
Same here. When I saw the estimated delivery date on the main page change to January I placed my Order, but I guess there are too many variables at play to guarantee anything really.

I ordered a MSM myp with white interior. No tow no fsd. You?

You could get your car in a month or four months. Prepare emotionally for worst case. Don’t expect much communication from Tesla. Order your accessories now as a lot is back ordered (like floor mats).

Most important. Make sure your profile is complete otherwise you won’t enter the “queue”.

Speaking of queues and/or lines. You aren’t in any sequential order of fairness. It’s an algorithm that picks reservations based on many things (like part shortages). Best to think of it as a Bingo hopper.
If I want to wait until January for delivery wouldn’t it make sense to delay the profile stuff?

Reactions: estoyf
If I want to wait until January for delivery wouldn’t it make sense to delay the profile stuff?
Sure. But you run the risk of accidentally delaying your order to the first half of Q2. Tesla favors your region during the first half the quarter. West coast 2nd half.

You can always put your order on hold if you get a VIN earlier than you want (oh the irony of me writing this sentence).

Exactly. I actually visited my Tesla store today and the rep there suggested I take a picture of my current insurance card so my profile will be completed. She basically said once your profile is completed it may allocate a vin “faster” for you.

So with that said, in our case, I would not upload proof of insurance

Reactions: mrmtb
Had a standard MYLR with an EDD of March 10 - Apr 07. Decided today to upgrade to the MYP - but my estimate still shows March - April. I assume that'll probably change in the next few days or so? Or did folks have it update immediately?
I did the same thing a couple weeks back. It took 2-3 days to update EDD. It will also reset your profile so watch the site and keep it updated.

Sure. It does. But complete, and if they tell you it’s coming earlier. Put it on hold then.

Your thinking is right. Order now, get this price locked in and get the (possible) tax benefits.

But completing your profile finalizes nothing, it just puts you in a line that you can step out of (and back into) when you’re ready. But get in like now, cause you have no idea when it will be your turn and you may not need to delay.