Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm one of an unlucky and foolish crowd ... thought it was best to make the final payment when my VIN showed up. That was 6 weeks ago. They've had THAT money and the $250 for 6 weeks, and have made no effort to contact me (with the exception of me reaching out to them first). That's careless.

My fear is they'll give me a delivery date, then say "oops, we have to refund u first" ... (which I've been told takes 4 to 6 weeks) ... "and now because we took so long 1) getting the car to u and 2) refunding you ... u have to reapply for financing all over again".
Yeah different ballgame entirely, that's nonsense :-(

Reactions: Tombaugh
They're eventually going to get me the car, but when they say a time frame and it's 3x that time frame it shows indifference. And if I cancel my order, that's free money. They have another customer lined up for that car already. Because of their delay I've lost $750 from state rebate, about $2k+ from trade in, and I paid an extra $7k because I was told the delivery time was significantly shorter (4-6 weeks for MYP, November/December for MYLR when it will only be a couple week difference).
You need to chill. Do you see the demand?

You need to chill. Do you see the demand?
Yes, I do. I also see that not everyone is waiting 4+ months. All the August orders seem to be in CA. If everyone was experiencing the same wait times that would be fine. The frustrating part is later orders getting priority combined with Tesla definitely not going to show the same flexibility. I made these vacation plans in September (my original delivery window), now if I miss delivery they'll move me to the end of the line or cancel my order. Delivery times are longer now than when I ordered, so I'm guessing if/when I miss December delivery, I won't get the car until summer.

Yes, I do. I also see that not everyone is waiting 4+ months. All the August orders seem to be in CA. If everyone was experiencing the same wait times that would be fine. The frustrating part is later orders getting priority combined with Tesla definitely not going to show the same flexibility. I made these vacation plans in September (my original delivery window), now if I miss delivery they'll move me to the end of the line or cancel my order. Delivery times are longer now than when I ordered, so I'm guessing if/when I miss December delivery, I won't get the car until summer.
I often point my team at this, when they start getting all worked up about stuff beyond their ability to control:

It's a be zen-ish and not a huge fan of all things Covey but this one has helped me, maybe it'll help you all waiting ;-)

• Love
Reactions: Viv1984 and WhiteWi
They start on east coast and then move back to west coast. At least that was the pattern before. If you missed your car then you are to square one or until someone cancels delivery in your area. Be patient and eventually you will get yours. My bet it will be before the end of this year if you have P model.

They start on east coast and then move back to west coast. At least that was the pattern before. If you missed your car then you are to square one or until someone cancels delivery in your area.
Yeah, it might be quicker to have it delivered to east coast next year and fly out to visit a friend and pick it up than bank on it being delivered Q1. With all the deliveries on hold, I'm guessing CA is one of the higher volume sales states so there'll be a lot more people in front of my in line, which leads me to think June delivery.

Right on - Congrats!

Just got VIN'd (again).

2022 this time. NF309xxx

EDD at bedtime last night: 2/6-3/6
Woke up to 12/4-12/31.
Now it's 11/16-11/22. Time to get financing in order!
Wow, awesome! I wish I was as lucky. I wonder if this is an east coast problem....

Blue/White MYLR OD 7/28

Latest from Tesla:

Estimated delivery: June​

Delivery timing will be available soon

I am guessing/hoping that they just don't know yet and will be much sooner than June. Someone else commented in a different thread that I am lucky in that maybe I will get a model with the 4680 battery if I am a June delivery...but I doubt they will be ready even by late next year.

Wow, awesome! I wish I was as lucky. I wonder if this is an east coast problem....

Blue/White MYLR OD 7/28

Latest from Tesla:

Estimated delivery: June​

Delivery timing will be available soon

I am guessing/hoping that they just don't know yet and will be much sooner than June. Someone else commented in a different thread that I am lucky in that maybe I will get a model with the 4680 battery if I am a June delivery...but I doubt they will be ready even by late next year.
That's neat but you're in the "Recent MYP Delivery Estimates" thread.

Wow 🤣

Attachments

• C26C68E3-D709-4CBB-A813-33C53C276F98.png
    C26C68E3-D709-4CBB-A813-33C53C276F98.png
    609.9 KB · Views: 63