Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
762D43C4-D2E3-4716-82AE-DBF36737B862.jpeg

KC delivery. Looks like I’ll get mud flaps and protective film.

Also Ryzen! NF393.

First, I want to thank everyone on this forum for being an invaluable source of information (and entertainment) as I waited for my MYP. Took delivery yesterday (see attached photo)!

My OD was 11/29. Went through some of the debacles cited on here with trade-in, etc. Finally took delivery yesterday in Chicago (2/28). Black/black/no tow/no FSD (maybe - see below for a question!). She's a beauty.

I received all of the goodies EXCEPT PPF. Came with heated wipers, Ryzen, A/S, mudflaps, etc. I'm not too torn up about the PPF, since I like the way it looks better without it and I might do something more extensive.

I would say - again - that the trade-in complicated Tesla's process both during the waiting period AND at delivery. During the wait I had my EDD fall back a few times due to expired trade (as I've said on here, along with countless others, DO NOT add a trade-in until you have a VIN). Also, my app wouldn't allow me to accept delivery until I spoke to someone in the showroom to click a few extra buttons (a minor annoyance).

Okay, if you read this long, thank you again. And now I have one final question! I did NOT order FSD, but my system says the following:
Autopilot Computer: Full self-driving computer

Is that normal? Did I get a "gift" from Tesla? Or will this eventually revert? I thought that the FSD required different hardware so I was surprised to see this. Apologies if this is a dumb question addressed elsewhere... I do see the option to buy FSD in my app for $12K.

Again, a huge thanks!

Attachments

• ModelY.jpg
    ModelY.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 63
First, I want to thank everyone on this forum for being an invaluable source of information (and entertainment) as I waited for my MYP. Took delivery yesterday (see attached photo)!

My OD was 11/29. Went through some of the debacles cited on here with trade-in, etc. Finally took delivery yesterday in Chicago (2/28). Black/black/no tow/no FSD (maybe - see below for a question!). She's a beauty.

I received all of the goodies EXCEPT PPF. Came with heated wipers, Ryzen, A/S, mudflaps, etc. I'm not too torn up about the PPF, since I like the way it looks better without it and I might do something more extensive.

I would say - again - that the trade-in complicated Tesla's process both during the waiting period AND at delivery. During the wait I had my EDD fall back a few times due to expired trade (as I've said on here, along with countless others, DO NOT add a trade-in until you have a VIN). Also, my app wouldn't allow me to accept delivery until I spoke to someone in the showroom to click a few extra buttons (a minor annoyance).

Okay, if you read this long, thank you again. And now I have one final question! I did NOT order FSD, but my system says the following:

Is that normal? Did I get a "gift" from Tesla? Or will this eventually revert? I thought that the FSD required different hardware so I was surprised to see this. Apologies if this is a dumb question addressed elsewhere... I do see the option to buy FSD in my app for $12K.

Again, a huge thanks!
Congrats!! All Cars come equipped with the FSD computer. Buying FSD is just a software enabled function.

You going to keep the car for many years? If not, expect to gain this back when you have a mint condition Y at resale? Or just for your OCD satisfaction?

I live in the boonies. My M3P had several paint chips after only 200 miles. So the PPF, while not necessary, makes me feel better every time I wash it.

The tint helps to reduce summer time temps, thus reducing the amount of energy I use running the HCAV...plus aesthetics.

And the ceramic coating makes washing the car much easier, with the added bonus of the paint getting decontaminated and corrected right after delivery.

Reactions: GBMaryland

Again, a huge thanks!
Another one of my exact builds. Super S3XY!

Again, a huge thanks!
Update... service said they'd install the PPF when they come to do my HomeLink in a couple of weeks.

Yes…if you read most EDD trends in this thread, it means it’s coming soon because it’s a lessened amount from a month to a 2 week window (at least most of the time from what I’ve seen). That’s also inside my current date? It’s just a dedicated 2 week window now.
I once had an EDD date that hit a 2 week window. I was excited and was prepping to start getting on with the business, but the next day, the EDD pushed back another 2 months. Cruel, cruel, cruel.