Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have used DCU for their loan, do they issue a check to you in your name and then you pay Tesla with those funds or issue the check directly to Tesla? Also is there a choice?
I think either way. I called them couple days ago to ask about my case. In TX, Tesla won't add sales tax to you final payment due to state laws, I have to pay sales tax at county tax office, so I asked DCU if the loan can cover the sales tax, she said yes, so she will request 2 checks, one to Tesla and one to me for the sales tax. I hope this help!

I think either way. I called them couple days ago to ask about my case. In TX, Tesla won't add sales tax to you final payment due to state laws, I have to pay sales tax at county tax office, so I asked DCU if the loan can cover the sales tax, she said yes, so she will request 2 checks, one to Tesla and one to me for the sales tax. I hope this help!
Good info, im in TX as well and plan to finance through DCU and was wondering how taxes would work. How's your experience been so far with DCU (application, income verification etc..)?

Good info, im in TX as well and plan to finance through DCU and was wondering how taxes would work. How's your experience been so far with DCU (application, income verification etc..)?
If you already have an account with DCU, then the process is very fast. But if you don't have an account yet, set up the account now, it takes about 10 days for DCU to give you an account, then you can apply for finance after your account is created. Their rate is now 1.99% (I don't see further discount for Electric car).

If you already have an account with DCU, then the process is very fast. But if you don't have an account yet, set up the account now, it takes about 10 days for DCU to give you an account, then you can apply for finance after your account is created. Their rate is now 1.99% (I don't see further discount for Electric car).
Thanks for the info. I'm not planning to set up a checking or savings accounts with them. Already have too many accounts. Was just going to go the $10 to charity route.

I have not received a VIN yet, so I can just tell you that the application process is easy, they don't even ask for proof of income (but maybe case by case). Once you apply, it may take them a couple days to process.

Reactions: Triplem086
No, you have to have an a checking account with them. No minimum required.
oh, I thought I read somewhere on the forums that an account wasn't required with DCU just a charity you can donate to, can someone correct me if im wrong?
I have not received a VIN yet, so I can just tell you that the application process is easy, they don't even ask for proof of income (but maybe case by case). Once you apply, it may take them a couple days to process.
ok perfect, how long does the approval hold for before expiring? That way I can apply closer to my EDD date

Random exciting thought; I’m coming from a 2020 M3 SR+, so that means I’m about to experience premium audio now in the MYP! I’m a big music person, so I’m super excited for this. Can anyone attest to the MYP sounding fantastic? The M3 SR+ was pretty bad, would crackle sometimes, and there was no bass really at all.

Reactions: Triplem086
oh, I thought I read somewhere on the forums that an account wasn't required with DCU just a charity you can donate to, can someone correct me if im wrong?

ok perfect, how long does the approval hold for before expiring? That way I can apply closer to my EDD date
We just try recently to apply for the loan, and they said you have to have an account with them first, then you can apply for the loan. This process takes about 7-10 days. Once your loan is approved, it's valid for 45 days.

Random exciting thought; I’m coming from a 2020 M3 SR+, so that means I’m about to experience premium audio now in the MYP! I’m a big music person, so I’m super excited for this. Can anyone attest to the MYP sounding fantastic? The M3 SR+ was pretty bad, would crackle sometimes, and there was no bass really at all.
really impressive. Ive had a BMW with Harmon Kardon, Bose, currently have a Range rover with the Meridian Premium sound. To compare, this comes Pretty close to the bigger brands

Reactions: robeeen and KRS1017
really impressive. Ive had a BMW with Harmon Kardon, Bose, currently have a Range rover with the Meridian Premium sound. To compare, this comes Pretty close to the bigger brands
Oh wow that’s fantastic! My wife has Harmon Kardon in her Volvo, and it sounds great! Like completely different than the 2020 SR+, to where it didn’t have any feel like even with immersive sound on.

Ordered 12/26 Blue/White/no tow/no FSD - Got a vin today, 394, estimated delivery March 21-25 at Loveland Colorado. Going to call Tesla next week to set up financing/trade-in and check for AMD

The waiting game is almost over, hyped
Scheduled delivery for tomorrow, but got a call from the delivery center telling me the delivery is delayed until Thursday due to the recent snow

Reactions: DesertEagle
took delivery over the weekend from the Bay Area. VIN 406xxx. MYP. Comes with all the updates stuff, besides A/S tires. All panel gaps look good to me. Interior is perfect! Only one minor alignment issue with the passenger headlight. Sticking out a bit from the bottom. Most ppl can't tell. Much better built than my 2020 LR Y back in sept 2020. I check out some of the other MYP there too, all look very good. I don't see any reason for rejecting them. Half of the headlight has the same issue as mine tho.

Oh yea, my car came with summer tires, nothing they can do! But I saw a few A/S tires. lucky them! If I reject mine, I will have to wait until a new VIN but my guess, JUNE time. And I lock in a low rate from DCU for 45 days. can't take that chance.

heres pics so y'all can see Tesla is doing much better!

1A1F3E4C-8C9F-4D8E-9EED-7561C4C8C315.jpeg
2B8583F5-2934-4CBC-8A5E-1672F83E63CD.jpeg
D242D688-0C73-49E7-8CF8-12ECCF86C332.jpeg
79ED6FFE-9660-4FDD-9114-E8817582C6F1.jpeg
065FA277-11F2-4B07-9208-6D279FB62262.jpeg
FDE673F5-3C8A-43B1-A356-18489C4765FD.jpeg
7F1B8563-BF1B-47A5-BF0B-C1F3E7C42C35.jpeg
E031A1A3-BC5D-4739-B1F1-048A202A89C8.jpeg
79042AC1-838A-4EE4-B432-4E408A4DDD67.jpeg
C7F16FBF-CDA0-402B-9005-057177254B31.jpeg

Reactions: Kanaka