Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal west coast here.

Car: white/white MYP, no FSD, no Tow
OD: 03/18
Original EDD: May 08- June 12
New EDD: June 10- July 22
Cash Payment

This is ridiculous. Here we are thousands of people shelling out money and we don’t get the respect of a proper delivery. Prioritizing HERTZ is what seems to be happening. Tesla doesn’t care. They have your order and your interest-free loan in the form of a $250 deposit. The’ll keep you waiting.

Reactions: tm3dlr
speculation: Giga Shanghai now has been closed for 2 weeks and still no sight of resuming production. could be MIF MYs being routed to fulfill overseas orders?

this across board delay seems came suddenly, not planned factory maintenance/upgrade/retooling etc.
I wast thinking more in terms of what effects that might have on any plans to take a couple of weeks to retool Fremont for structural pack / front castings. Tesla would hate to have production fall to near nothing at two factories for so long... and Berlin really only starting to ramp up. 2nd quarter production number would be pretty harsh, and they really sweat that end of quarter stuff trying to boost that number.

speculation: Giga Shanghai now has been closed for 2 weeks and still no sight of resuming production. could be MIF MYs being routed to fulfill overseas orders?

this across board delay seems came suddenly, not planned factory maintenance/upgrade/retooling etc.

Ramping up Berlin would make more sense. They wouldn't have to cross and ocean unlike Fremont.

Ramping up Berlin would make more sense. They wouldn't have to cross and ocean unlike Fremont.
you can't just say let's ramp up Giga Berlin and it suddenly makes 10k more MYP. this Giga Shanghai shutdown comes unexpected and they may want a short term re-arrangement of the allocations.

or maybe I'm just wrong and Tesla is having some other issues. definitely not planned retooling.

Just checked my EDD at lunch.. Changed from 04/19-05/08 to 05/22-06/26. Ordered 02/12

I'm close to cancelling altogether and buying something else.
I came here to find solace in the fact that I might not the only one feeling this frustration... At this point I feel the exact same way. Ordered 1/28 and the EDD has changed from 3/17-3/31 to 4/20-5/10 to now 5/13-6/10.

Reactions: jpelaston
I mean do they really have the ability to see the build schedule? I only ask because I had a curious interaction with a SA yesterday who seemed quite certain my car was coming, when and even advised me not to change travel plans due to my EDD window. She was so confident it was coming this month, but that my travel at the end of the month would be fine. Super weird interaction.
Not sure how accurate it is or if they are telling you something to shut you up. I went to the store after my last EDD slipped and I was in a 10 day window. The associate told me that I was now scheduled for production at the end of May. I got a VIN on 6 April and now I'm in a four day window.

Reactions: robeeen
I wouldn't care about any of this. I get it things are crazy right now. However Tesla needs to communicate things better.

This new window falls within a two week period that I'm out of town.

You can't shift these days by months and then only give your customers 3 days to collect. This may work for them now but they are burning a lot of bridges

Reactions: robeeen and teca01
Not sure how accurate it is or if they are telling you something to shut you up. I went to the store after my last EDD slipped and I was in a 10 day window. The associate told me that I was now scheduled for production at the end of May. I got a VIN on 6 April and now I'm in a four day window.
In light of my EDD getting pushed I'd say she probably was blowing smoke. That all said, the place was empty and I was only there for 3 minutes...so I guess they just wanted the peace and quiet ha. She was at least super nice and seemed to know her stuff.

Ordered new 2022 Model Y Performance, midnight silver metallic, and tow hitch option on April 3, 2022. current estimated delivery is June 12 - July 24. Original delivery was mid-August so its moved up 2 weeks sooner since my original order. Excited to enter the EV world, and after owning a Ford Raptor for 3 years, I'm definitely ready to save some fuel costs! :)

Ordered new 2022 Model Y Performance, midnight silver metallic, and tow hitch option on April 3, 2022. current estimated delivery is June 12 - July 24. Original delivery was mid-August so its moved up 2 weeks sooner since my original order. Excited to enter the EV world, and after owning a Ford Raptor for 3 years, I'm definitely ready to save some fuel costs! :)

Congrats but read this thread to set your expectations properly 😂

Reactions: Horty4
All the delays are probably due to supply chain issues. This is what the SA texted me " ETAs are provided by our production team at the factory. They update ETAs as they receive communication from our suppliers. We do not have ability to know if there will be future delays as we do not have any insight into ETA information".
Being from a manufacturing industry myself, I may agree with the SA here that the delays are due to supply chain issue. We are also experiencing delays for parts coming in from China and are starving the production lines.

Reactions: Beast_Mode