Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, I just got the infamous trade in text too. Tesla, why do you tease us like this!!

Is it worth trying to get a quote for trade in or will that slow down the process?

EDD May 12 - June 9
Original order date was back in December for a MYLR, changed to MYP in March and EDD has been all over the place.
We aren’t doing a trade in. I’ve heard too many horror stories about the horrible trade in values they try and give when they put $10-15k on top of it to resale

But I’ve heard it does slow down everything

Reactions: Blurrryvision
My EDD changed this morning from 5/16-6/13 to 5/26-6/9 this morning. The squeeze from 4 weeks to 2 weeks within my original window is giving me that scary hope that everyone experiences
I’m close to those dates: OD LR 2/1 and switched to P on 3/31. Went from 4 week to 2 week EDD on last update, and first time in the last 4 EDD bumps that it changed before being 1 day into the EDD. Hoping for both of us that we get VINs soon!

Reactions: jtcamp
3 word’s you don’t want to see. 😢
1651868477929.png

My EDD was just pushed from 5/5-5/19 to 6/12-6/17.

OD mid-September, swapped to MYP last week. Bay Area.
Your EDD has narrowed to a 5 day range so that is a good sign after 8 months of waiting. Similar EDD as yours, looks like I am going to get pushed again soon.

EDD recently went from 5/4-5/18 to 5/7-5/20, it’s the third time getting a 2 week push. OD late September ‘21, swapped LR for MYP in early April. The LR was pushed out to October ‘22, so enough was enough.

Reactions: Jones1
Your EDD has narrowed to a 5 day range so that is a good sign after 8 months of waiting. Similar EDD as yours, looks like I am going to get pushed again soon.

EDD recently went from 5/4-5/18 to 5/7-5/20, it’s the third time getting a 2 week push. OD late September ‘21, swapped LR for MYP in early April. The LR was pushed out to October ‘22, so enough was enough.
Typo earlier. EDD window is June 12 - JULY 17. 😢

We need to get a poll together to see just how many people switched from LR to P and jumped the line. Has to be a hundred in this thread alone. Staggering
It is. But can you blame them? They have been waiting the longest and if you could work the system to get your car wouldn't you? It's true that original MYP orders are getting snagged and these MYP folks, including me, get bumped back months as a result. I actually considered ordering a MYLR just so I could switch and maybe snag my own MYP. As for the line... When we bought a ticket, with our order deposit, we didn't buy a place in a line. Clearly, there is no line. A much better comparison would be purchasing a lottery ticket. When deliveries for the same MYP configuration ordered at the same time vary from four weeks to ten months, there is no predicting when it's your 'turn'. It's just when your number gets drawn from the bin. Some MYP switchers get a VIN immediately. Others wait and wait. Again, no predicting what will happen. The whole system is a dumpster fire.

• Love
Reactions: Jones1
We need to get a poll together to see just how many people switched from LR to P and jumped the line. Has to be a hundred in this thread alone. Staggering
This idea has been repeated so many times in this thread that it now seems to be presumed as true. I don't doubt that there are those who switched and have gotten their cars sooner but there is no way to know if Tesla actually prioritizes in this way.

I'd bet the #1 factor determining when someone gets their order is when the next car carrier is scheduled to drive to their local delivery center, or it could be something else who knows. We all want our cars yesterday but channeling frustration at someone who got their car first doesn't do anyone any good.

Oh let me stress that I would have done the same thing. I’m just genuinely curious as to how many people did this. It would give us a better lens into why we are seeing such volatile delivery behavior.
Yes. You would have. If you saw people ordering after you. Or adding FSD. Getting vin’s. Because they paid more money for a Vehicle. That you had ordered 6 months before you did. 😂 You would have switched and ordered a spec. $5000 cheaper. Than the current price. To see if it would help you get your Model Y.

Oh let me stress that I would have done the same thing. I’m just genuinely curious as to how many people did this. It would give us a better lens into why we are seeing such volatile delivery behavior.
I think a large factor in the delivery volatility is the collision of Just In Time manufacturing with supply chain volatility. Imagine the list of parts that are unique to MYLR vs MYP. Now imagine each vendor for those parts giving Tesla an EDD with the same reliability that we get from Tesla. The plan for what colors and configurations they can build probably changes weekly, if not daily. Now, imagine a car transport truck or rail car that’s half full with the cars they were able to build to the configurations for the customers with early ODs. Do you think Tesla will hold the train until the car with the exact config for the next OD rolls off the line? Or will they find a waiting customer at the same destination that matches the cars coming off the line? Tesla needs to get as much product delivered as fast as possible to keep profits up, and a natural outcome is the cluster #]€¥ of unreliable EDD dates and apparent randomness of selection of “worthy” recipients. Tesla lets this continue, because we have shown we’re willing to take it (rather that pay $10-20k dealer markup for one of the alternative EVs). Yes, P upgrade or FSD is almost all profit for Tesla, but there has to be much more to it, otherwise, I WOULD HAVE ALREADY TAKEN DELIVERY!