Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there is one production line making LR and P, then every time they make P they must interrupt production of LR, correct? I'm not sure how else you think they're doing this.
You can't expect them to completely stop production on P. Come on man, be realistic at this point youre just making a fool out of yourself and are still failing to see everyone else's point

I'm not being sensitive, as I've said before I don't have much of a leg to stand on considering I haven't been waiting that long, I'm more-so generalizing here, and speaking about people who have waited for much longer than I. Would it be considered fair if you order a LR at the same time as someone who orders a MYP, then when you see their EDD is lower than yours, you switch and end up receiving yours first? It would be asinine to assume that would be fair. You'd effectively be skipping that person who ordered the MYP at the same time as you with your other vehicle.

As far as demand goes, it absolutely would make sense. Elon has even said himself that they cannot keep up with demand and will have to halt orders eventually due to manufacturing constraints. Tesla has also alluded to driver shortages and shipping problems as being the front running reason for the long EDDs. The EDD for the MYP is simply lower because they are not in as much demand as the standard LR.
I didn't mean to quote you when I put that someone was being sensitive. I must have accidentally hit that.

Someone insulted me, so I thought that was a little weird. It wasn't you.

Reactions: Otrori
You can't expect them to completely stop production on P. Come on man, be realistic at this point youre just making a fool out of yourself
I don't expect them to!

The reality is that Tesla is still fairly small for a car company. As a result, the LR and P are produced on the same line.

When there are P orders, they have priority. So when they're going to make a batch of P, they'll make that batch bigger, pushing back LR even more.

And that's fine! It sucks to wait in line, but that's the reality of not having enough production capacity yet.

When someone switches from LR to P they get put into the batch of P that is being made. They basically get back the place in line they had before any of the P orders cut before them.

Nobody is to blame. It's just growing pains.

When all is said and done, we are all fortunate people. We have a ton to be grateful for and we go into this knowing what can happen.

• Disagree
Reactions: bradbrok
I don't expect them to!

The reality is that Tesla is still fairly small for a car company. As a result, the LR and P are produced on the same line.

When there are P orders, they have priority. So when they're going to make a batch of P, they'll make that batch bigger, pushing back LR even more.

And that's fine! It sucks to wait in line, but that's the reality of not having enough production capacity yet.

When someone switches from LR to P they get put into the batch of P that is being made. They basically get back the place in line they had before any of the P orders cut before them.

Nobody is to blame. It's just growing pains.

When all is said and done, we are all fortunate people. We have a ton to be grateful for and we go into this knowing what can happen.
Tesla is not a small company lol P orders do not have priority. there is more DEMAND for LR vehicles, hence the longer queues. they are not making that batch bigger youre just assuming, at this point I think you are just highly misinformed

Something that I do think Tesla should change: lock in when someone will be getting their vehicle as the production date nears, so that even if someone swaps to a P, that person isn't bumped from their place in the queue.

Eg. for all the frustrated folks chiming in today, suppose they enter their first 2-week window. Tesla should commit to building their vehicle, and have the swappers get in line for the next 2-week window.

Tesla is not a small company lol P orders do not have priority. there is more DEMAND for LR vehicles, hence the longer queues. they are not making that batch bigger youre just assuming, at this point I think you are just highly misinformed
When it comes to production capacity, Tesla is still small.

Are you saying that there is a separate production line for the Model Y Performance that is separate from the Long Range?

And how does your "demand" reason explain existing LR being pushed back further and further? It would make sense for new orders to keep being pushed back since they go to the back of the line. But if someone ordered an LR back in September-October of 2021 with an EDD of March-April of 2022... then that EDD moves to Sept-Oct 2022, how is that explained?

Something that I do think Tesla should change: lock in when someone will be getting their vehicle as the production date nears, so that even if someone swaps to a P, that person isn't bumped from their place in the queue.
That is all I want. Saw someone else on another thread, with my exact build / location swap on Monday and got their VIN effectively bumping my order. This is why the system is broken.

That is all I want. Saw someone else on another thread, with my exact build / location swap on Monday and got their VIN effectively bumping my order. This is why the system is broken.
You are also casualty to an unusual set of circumstances making the P more economically viable than before:
- P used to be $7K more than the LR, now it's $5K
- Rampant inflation elevating prices of all new vehicles
- For people who ordered LR 5+ months ago and were planning to add upgrades like speed boost and induction wheels, upgrading to P is a no-brainer since the price difference is marginal

Reactions: Winning Guy
The root problem is the EDD information. We rely on it as an accurate indicator of when we get our cars, but it's not.
That's true.

Though some of that is on us because I don't think Tesla ever claimed it was accurate. It's just an estimate.

I totally get some feelings of frustration though. A lack of communication on Tesla's part of the hows and whys contributes to it too. It's something that definitely does need improvement.

To stay grounded, sometimes we just need to take a step back and see how this fits into the grand scheme of things and remind ourselves of the blessings we have.

Reactions: heymanhn and Tes3P
If it improves my chances of getting an MYP out of Texas, I would wait the extra time. My current EDD is 7/22-9/2 with an MYP White/Black no Tow, yes FSD. I really wish they had a gray interior and a Quicksilver color. I believe that Texas would be able to produce more units at higher quality/consistency than Fremont as long as the supply chain doesn’t have any major issues. The faster they ramp up production, the better.