Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 (2).jpg

Ordered on July 1st - MYLR, 7 Seats, Tow Hitch, FSD, Red Paint, White and Black Interior, 19 inch wheels

Exactly. When I walked into the Tesla Showroom (not the one I ordered from) the advisor was looking at my account and said “yeah when people order online they don’t realize there isn’t an advisor to help them” and I was like, what? I ordered from an advisor at a showroom! He had to do some digging but finally found the advisor attached to the Model 3 reservation I have (the car I ordered AFTER my Model Y on that same day), and said to me basically I had no advisor attached so no one knew how to help me. Let’s see what happens today.
So I went and test drove and asked if it mattered if i ordered online or through him. He said it made no difference. I went home ordered and later received an email from an advisor from the shop I had test drove at and chosen to pick up my car at, saying welcome and he was assigned my SA.

Exactly. When I walked into the Tesla Showroom (not the one I ordered from) the advisor was looking at my account and said “yeah when people order online they don’t realize there isn’t an advisor to help them” and I was like, what? I ordered from an advisor at a showroom! He had to do some digging but finally found the advisor attached to the Model 3 reservation I have (the car I ordered AFTER my Model Y on that same day), and said to me basically I had no advisor attached so no one knew how to help me. Let’s see what happens today.
If there is any thing that is consistent with Tesla is that there seems to be absolutely no consistency. Whether it's tires, deliveries or anything else.

If you want to take the glass half-full approach, you may end up getting an Austin built car. They accidentally sold my car to someone else and put it on a ship AFTER I had paid for it. I was prioritized to get a new car in July but to be honest with the plans for the Austin factory to produce the full range of Model Ys and the new EV incentives that they are discussing, I wouldn't mind mine being pushed back even more.
Hi Mair,
What new EV incentives? I have been a little out of loop. Can you point me to the details.
Thx

The previously proposed 'Build Back Better Act' has been undergoing multiple changes. As it stands now, the EV incentives would only be applied to manufacturers who used unionized labor. This, however, would limit the EV credits to foreign manufacturers and place US manufacturers at a disadvantage. Politicians argue that this wouldn't make sense in hurting our own manufacturers. Ongoing talks are being held to remove the unionized labor clause and also remove the 200,000 vehicle limit. This would mean that Teslas would be included in the EV tax credit incentive.

Our windows are similar (7/21-8/4), so I am hopeful that this is a TN delivery window.
You picking up in Nashville or Knoxville? Heard a rumor Tesla was planning a location in Chattanooga which would be closest for me, but for now I chose Nashville. One if my neighbors ordered a model X over a year ago and he just got a similar delivery window to us for Nashville. Fingers crossed it really happens this month.

You picking up in Nashville or Knoxville? Heard a rumor Tesla was planning a location in Chattanooga which would be closest for me, but for now I chose Nashville. One if my neighbors ordered a model X over a year ago and he just got a similar delivery window to us for Nashville. Fingers crossed it really happens this month.
I’m picking up in Memphis. They opened one up earlier this year or end of last year. I’m not sure when.

Reactions: tnt4life
That is a really crappy process for the customers and the employees if that is the case. You would think they would want to assign a SA to online orders as well if for nothing else than delivery stuff.

MYP Red/Black, no FSD, no enhanced autopilot. Located in SF Bay Area, CA.

6/12 Order date: EDD October 6-Dec 1
6/13 Added trade-in: updated EDD July 22-August 26
6/29: Contacted by Tesla SA stating I could have my same exact configuration + tow hitch (which I don't want) and get delivery in less than a week. Declined and was told to expect August/September delivery.
6/30: VIN assigned and EDD updated to 6/30-7/4.
7/3: received the text stating my vehicle was ready for pickup.

Just picked it up this morning. 23 days from order to delivery. No issues other than frunk wouldn't close, which was remedied after about 20 minutes.

Reactions: GoodToBeTrue
7/3: received the text stating my vehicle was ready for pickup.

Just picked it up this morning. 23 days from order to delivery. No issues other than frunk wouldn't close, which was remedied after about 20 minutes.
Congrats! Seems like we were in similar situations, but I didn't have an SA assigned and you did. I wonder if that's what ended up screwing me... oh well, hopefully they fix it.