Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent NYC order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based only on what I read in these forums, it seems possible to order today and take delivery by the end of June. A lot is written about end-of-quarter push for deliveries. My order toward the beginning of the quarter means that I wait longer for delivery.
Any confirmation of this? $1,500 will probably not deter me from buying a MY if I really want one. But if I can still take delivery before end of June if I order now, that’s great.

Any confirmation of this? $1,500 will probably not deter me from buying a MY if I really want one. But if I can still take delivery before end of June if I order now, that’s great.
The other thing you can do is simply wait for all the inventory that will come available when people are not capable of taking delivery of the car they ordered. I expect there will be a lot of these when the cars finally arrive on the east coast early to mid June. As long as you are flexible in regards to build combos it shouldn't be a problem. For example, I am solidly in Team Blue but I don't care whether it has black or white seats. If the car didn't have a tow hitch I could have that added. 20" tires, fine. Regular tires, fine. Heh, I would take a Blue MY LR7 20" wheels with white interior if I could pick it up today...:)

Reactions: RyMY
Slid another day this morning. May 7th now. At least the back end is staying put at May 18.

As far as charging, we live in South Brooklyn, so we are luck to have a garage to park and charge. Model Y barely fits in there. I have two inches of clearance in the front and 4 inches in the back. Found an awesome plug in ultrasonic car parker on Amazon. It actually counts down how many inches that you have to your parking goal in the front.

View attachment 655667
Your new Tesla does the same thing btw...

Hello all. I’m new to the forum. I placed my order on 5/15. I live in Néw York. Estimated delivery 4-11 weeks. I’m still waiting for the vin number. Glad to see I’m not alone.
Same here vic! I ordered on 5/16 and have the same estimate although the SA mentioned I can expect a June delivery....not sure if that is based on any fact but it's giving me some solace!

Reactions: suprax
Rochester NY here with a Mt. Kisco pickup. Took my hold off my 3/22 order on 5/20 and it’s been at “1-10 weeks from order placed date”. Also curious if anyone can creep on Mt. Kisco to check out their inventory situation. However I understand it’s a smaller location and they used to store cars and do pickups offsite.

Did any of you guys in NY put any insurance info on your order yet? Since NY is one of the states that require a VIN for the insurance, my SA advised me that part can remain incomplete until a VIN is assigned closer to delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: BagheeraNY
Rochester NY here with a Mt. Kisco pickup. Took my hold off my 3/22 order on 5/20 and it’s been at “1-10 weeks from order placed date”. Also curious if anyone can creep on Mt. Kisco to check out their inventory situation. However I understand it’s a smaller location and they used to store cars and do pickups offsite.

Did any of you guys in NY put any insurance info on your order yet? Since NY is one of the states that require a VIN for the insurance, my SA advised me that part can remain incomplete until a VIN is assigned closer to delivery.
Waiting for VIN to do insurance.

Reactions: suprax
Where are you picking up from?
Hey,
The order date above should have been 4/20 not 5/20. My bad. I took the test drive and ordered through the Peabody MA Service Center. Arrival will be at the Paramus-Route 17 NJ Tesla facility which is a 5 hour drive. I think I'll use the flat fee delivery option to get it delivered up to NH. Delivery date has been bouncing around a lot - actual dates and then back to X - XX months from order date. It is currently 5 - 9 weeks from order date which would be from tomorrow (May 25) through June 22nd. Am not holding my breath.