Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations (or warnings) on non-contact front license plate holder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had The Law from Evannex (Aftermarket Tesla accessories, gear, consoles, and parts) since October 2018. It's been fine. Just be careful to keep some extra distance from the car in front when parallel parking and don't bump up against those solid concrete walls in the parking garage. And follow the instruction manual--if you must use a car wash, make sure it's touchless. Interestingly, I bought it because it's easy to install and remove. My plan was to mount it when the annual inspection rolled around and then take it off for the rest of the year. But it's been so unobtrusive, I ended up leaving it on.

I'm extremely picky and research the heck out of stuff before I purchase, and would rather pay more for no regrets. Perfection in quality and packaging, and the easiest and most confident install with zero issues to date (a couple of months now), I can whole-heartedly recommend the "ThatGrin Slipstream" bracket. I bought it via Amazon. 'nuff said.

I'm extremely picky and research the heck out of stuff before I purchase, and would rather pay more for no regrets. Perfection in quality and packaging, and the easiest and most confident install with zero issues to date (a couple of months now), I can whole-heartedly recommend the "ThatGrin Slipstream" bracket. I bought it via Amazon. 'nuff said.
$140 for a license plate frame??????

Good Lord, I thought I was paying a lot for my $50 license plate wrap.

Ya, I’m hesitant with it sitting flush against the bumper... and I would be worried the magnets might shift back and forth just enough to start rubbing down the paint in that area.

I was wondering if the holder contacts and possibly rubs the bumper with design? Have you looked to see if this has happened? How long have you had it installed?

I’ve had mine on for a couple thousand miles already...including a 1800 and 400 mile road trip this past summer. I’m a diy detailer, meticulous about my paint and haven’t noticed anything. But I also have full front PPF and rockers..which I highly suggest. You put felt on the back of the plate to help protect the bumper. Mine doesn’t even contact the bumper though. I pull it off every wash to clean behind it...which is where the magnets make it supper convenient to do. It’s close enough to the bumper that it looks flush and if someone were to hit you’re front bumper....the bumper helps absorb the impact. With the Bandit the front grill takes all the impact...potential causing damage to the grill.