Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recurrent hourlong monitoring outages in Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has this issue where the monitoring cuts out for a period of time before the problem spontaneously resolves itself. I'm getting this every couple days or so but not sure why it is happening.

My guess is the wifi connection is to blame but the rest of the house is fine. I do have occasional signal drops on our Nest camera as well as one particular laptop but the timing is not the same as the Tesla app dropouts. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210409-190306~2.png
    Screenshot_20210409-190306~2.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 62
Wondering if anyone else has this issue where the monitoring cuts out for a period of time before the problem spontaneously resolves itself. I'm getting this every couple days or so but not sure why it is happening.

My guess is the wifi connection is to blame but the rest of the house is fine. I do have occasional signal drops on our Nest camera as well as one particular laptop but the timing is not the same as the Tesla app dropouts. Any ideas?

In my experience the TEG wifi is terrible. I've mentioned on this forum a few times that I have Unifi equipment, which is commercial grade, and I literally installed a repeater on the opposite side of the garage wall yet the TEG still couldn't keep a connection. My Enlighten gateway is physically next to the TEG on the outside garage wall and has never had a wifi connection issue. I even asked my installer to replace the TEG antenna (the black knobby thing at the top or bottom of your gateway) which did not improve anything. The cell connection isn't great either.

I eventually ran some cat6 under the crawlspace out the garage and to the TEG to give it a hardwired connection. Has been rock solid since.

In my experience the TEG wifi is terrible. I've mentioned on this forum a few times that I have Unifi equipment, which is commercial grade, and I literally installed a repeater on the opposite side of the garage wall yet the TEG still couldn't keep a connection. My Enlighten gateway is physically next to the TEG on the outside garage wall and has never had a wifi connection issue. I even asked my installer to replace the TEG antenna (the black knobby thing at the top or bottom of your gateway) which did not improve anything. The cell connection isn't great either.

I eventually ran some cat6 under the crawlspace out the garage and to the TEG to give it a hardwired connection. Has been rock solid since.
Even though I saw no issues with my wifi SE inverter, I ran cat 7 stuff to both the inverters and TEG's. I made them the best they could be

• Informative
Reactions: Dukeybootie