Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Circle on Charge Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out this morning to go to work - the the charge circle around the plug was RED. Opened the door, and the dash and center console display were both black and blank. Reboted, and the 12 V battery warning came up and no changing occured last night.

Called the new Orlando Service Center, and spoke with them. They had actually called a couple of days ago but I had to go out of town yesterday for a funeral, and they had contacted me to be proactive about replacing the 12 V battery. We both laughed, and said we missed it by 2 days. They said they have a list of people they are going to go through to proactively replace the 12 V battery.

They are coming by this afternoon to replace the battery and check on a couple of other things.

I told them they have big shoes to fill as I have had excellent results and service from Mark and the Tampa service center. They said they know. :wink:

Called the new Orlando Service Center, and spoke with them. They had actually called a couple of days ago but I had to go out of town yesterday for a funeral, and they had contacted me to be proactive about replacing the 12 V battery. We both laughed, and said we missed it by 2 days. They said they have a list of people they are going to go through to proactively replace the 12 V battery.

Hi Roger,

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience.

It's good to see that the new service center is proactively reaching out and are responsive even though it hasn't officially opened yet.

Regards,

Larry

Hello Larry,
When I spoke with Manny and Peter today, evidently they are doing ranger service, but no service at the facility due to painting and zoning. The guy has already been out to the house to replace the battery today, and told my wife for us to have a couple of other things done to the car when we bring it in for a buzz in the dash that he noticed.
Thanks,
Roger

Hi Roger,

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience.

It's good to see that the new service center is proactively reaching out and are responsive even though it hasn't officially opened yet.

Regards,

Larry

Hello Larry,
When I spoke with Manny and Peter today, evidently they are doing ranger service, but no service at the facility due to painting and zoning. The guy has already been out to the house to replace the battery today, and told my wife for us to have a couple of other things done to the car when we bring it in for a buzz in the dash that he noticed.
Thanks,
Roger

Hi Roger,

Thanks.

It was your posting here that prompted me to start another thread in the Florida sub-forum.

Orlando-Longwood Service Center and Mini-Store

Larry

omg chill out people, I wasn't be rude I was simply asking a question geeeeeeeeez

GDH - no offense taken. They called my home phone and left a message. We were away at the funeral of a very close friend of mine (we are both USN 06 ret), and I was in his funeral. He was burried with full military honors at the National Cemetary, and was a true outstanding gentleman.

They are coming by this afternoon to replace the battery and check on a couple of other things.

My VIN is P06003 which is earlier than yours and I was given to understand the 12v issue was resolved by this time. Even when I had the car in for service there was no mention of any "proactive" 12v replacement. Now, I've had no 12v problems, but they seem to come up suddenly. Do I need to worry?

GDH - no offense taken. They called my home phone and left a message. We were away at the funeral of a very close friend of mine (we are both USN 06 ret), and I was in his funeral. He was burried with full military honors at the National Cemetary, and was a true outstanding gentleman.

I am sorry about your friend, my post may have come across to some as rude but I meant no disrespect.

Went out this morning to go to work - the the charge circle around the plug was RED. Opened the door, and the dash and center console display were both black and blank. Reboted, and the 12 V battery warning came up and no changing occured last night.

I had the same problem Wed. I did get a partial charge. Msg check charger port. I call Tesla. They said lots of possible reasons - no help. Asked to have software pushed (as others on our site did successfully) told no.

I also have a sometime problem of not being able to open glove box. Went to get charger plug in glove box for public charging in Hyannis. No luck opening glove box. Will have to call White Plains Service center.