Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red light on charge port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 8 years of virtually trouble-free service, my P85+ is not charging. When I plug in the connector from either my HPWC or Clipper Creek, the port light flashes green and the either charging station will make 4 clicking sounds and then the port light turns solid red. Since the behavior occurs on both HPWC and Clipper Creek, the problem must be on the vehicle side, likely faulty charge port. Anyone else experience this? Is mobile service able to replace the charge port or does it require visit to SC? I have a mobile appointment on March 17th and my car has only 72 miles of range left. SC is 32 miles away. I have emailed SC manager to see if he can take the car in next week while I have enough range to get there.

Yes, definitely. Mobile service can really do pretty much everything that does not require putting the car actually up on a lift. So they can't do something huge like a full battery pack replacement, but almost anything else, yes.
Maybe your area mobile service, but in Palm Springs, Ca. …I asked- Can you replace driver airbag recall? NO. Can you fix my flat tire? NO. Can you replace wire harness recall? NO. Can you fix sticking front frunk? NO. I’m not sure what they do here?😜

Maybe your area mobile service, but in Palm Springs, Ca. …I asked- Can you replace driver airbag recall? NO. Can you fix my flat tire? NO. Can you replace wire harness recall? NO. Can you fix sticking front frunk? NO. I’m not sure what they do here?😜
Wow, that's weird. Here in Boise, we didn't have a service center for many years. So they would collect the service requests in Salt Lake City for a month or two, and then send a Service Ranger to go hit up several calls all at once, and then wait for another month or two for the next trip.
So these things are possible, but they may not want to handle it that way if there is a service center near enough that they want you to use.

After 8 years of virtually trouble-free service, my P85+ is not charging. When I plug in the connector from either my HPWC or Clipper Creek, the port light flashes green and the either charging station will make 4 clicking sounds and then the port light turns solid red. Since the behavior occurs on both HPWC and Clipper Creek, the problem must be on the vehicle side, likely faulty charge port. Anyone else experience this? Is mobile service able to replace the charge port or does it require visit to SC? I have a mobile appointment on March 17th and my car has only 72 miles of range left. SC is 32 miles away. I have emailed SC manager to see if he can take the car in next week while I have enough range to get there.
Hey, my car started doing the exact same thing. What was the issue?