Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Red/White 5 seater w/ 19" wheels
NC delivery

OD: 2/3 PM
EDD: March-May

2/10 update
EDD: April 10- May 22

There are a multiple MYLR inventories is Ohio, my friend ordered one last week and picking this week -MYLR Red/black + induction wheels

Tesla SA said the car can’t be bought from NC

Got my VIN today.
Red/Black Long Range
OD 1/14
EDD 2/19-2/26
Tysons Corner, VA
Took delivery today in the rain. I did a quick walk around and looked inside and out. I drove home and looked it over better when it was dry. It appeared to be perfect until I opened the rear hatch and a puddle of water was sitting on the lower seal. I pulled the small rubber plugs from the bottom of the hatch and drained about 4oz of water. Thinking the tail lights on the hatch aren't sealed properly and leaked when they washed it for prep as the rain was very light. I have a service appointment on Monday to have it looked at.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Tiny victory. Ordered 1/21 and EDD has always been 3/12 - 3/31, even after changing from white with tow hitch to red with no hitch. Looked today and my EDD is now 3/8 - 3/31. I really want to edit my order to the 20'' induction wheels but am spooked that it will mess with the delivery date.

Tiny victory. Ordered 1/21 and EDD has always been 3/12 - 3/31, even after changing from white with tow hitch to red with no hitch. Looked today and my EDD is now 3/8 - 3/31. I really want to edit my order to the 20'' induction wheels but am spooked that it will mess with the delivery date.
I would guess that in a large market such as So Cal, there would be ample opportunity to purchase or trade for 20" with other MY owners.

I got the red exterior with 20" induction wheels as it was available for early delivery, whereas I would be okay to have the 19" wheels :).

Red gang thoughts? Thinking about ordering minimal lost of Efficiency to stock 19”
CCD1E2DE-2B08-4BBD-8ABA-B8F3B63754DB.png
4336F2D3-892E-43C3-B056-BF79E3A336CF.jpeg

Reactions: GoGators!
not bad - similar to Model 3 Aero covers but a little sleeker.
Red gang thoughts? Thinking about ordering minimal lost of Efficiency to stock 19” View attachment 910545View attachment 910547
Not bad - similar to Model 3 Aero covers but a little more sleek I think. I like them! I went with the Rimetrix covers - I love the look of them and they supposedly have similar or even slightly better efficiency than the original gemini covers. I had them on my last Model Y that was totaled and loved them so went with them again - can't wait to put them on the new Model Y next Friday!

I see a similar configuration in inventory in my area, but it has 20-inch wheels. I don't want to sacrifice the range as it is already low from my point of view.

It would be fairly easy to trade your wheels to someone wanting to upgrade. If it were me, I would grab it and not have to worry about losing out on the tax credit. Worst case, a set of wheels is a lot cheaper purchase than losing out on the massive credit.

It would be fairly easy to trade your wheels to someone wanting to upgrade. If it were me, I would grab it and not have to worry about losing out on the tax credit. Worst case, a set of wheels is a lot cheaper purchase than losing out on the massive credit.

That is very true, but I failed to mention that it does not have my daughter's preferred interior color. She is hell-bent on it being white, and this vehicle's interior is black. This vehicle is for her, so I'm okay with potentially losing all or some of the tax credit. Even If she agreed to compromise, we don't know if we would get the vehicle by 2/28, assuming the tax credit changes on 3/1.

This is a lot of assumptions as we don't know the rules and how they will affect the tax credit amount. At the end of the day, a few things are must-haves for us: LR, red exterior, and white interior.

Reactions: Mr_Joe