Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Six red cars in inventory if you live in the proper state or delivery area (some delivery areas cover a few states).

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 4.54.45 AM.jpg

And today it’s 2/17-3/1.
This really does seem odd that you weren’t matched with a vin yet. Many of the reds seemed to get shipped around the same time. I also was within my delivery date occasionally but it would push out by a week at a time until the window started to shorten then I got mine in the most recent set of reds. Have you seen anyone else in this situation? I hope it works out soon!

Has anyone seen a red Tesla with ceramic coating? Does it really have noticeably more shine? I’ve never considered something like this before but I’m determined to keep it cleaner than I have my vehicles in the past. I’ve already got so many bugs to clean off the front I’ve heard this can make cleaning much easier but I don’t know much about it really.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
This really does seem odd that you weren’t matched with a vin yet. Many of the reds seemed to get shipped around the same time. I also was within my delivery date occasionally but it would push out by a week at a time until the window started to shorten then I got mine in the most recent set of reds. Have you seen anyone else in this situation? I hope it works out soon!
It’s hard to follow all the various folks here with the crazy EDDs that get posted.
That said, I’m not aware of anyone else with a 1/13 order date, MYP red/black, that hasn’t received a VIN. But I’m sure someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong.

I got my tesla wall connecter installed today. Now its sinking in that i will have my car in a couple of weeks. If you are planning to get a wall connector and youre in the atlanta (gwinnett area) hit up Arc Angel Electric. The customer service was spectacular and quality of work top notch. They even warranty their work... P.S. i thought i was going to have conduit showing on the wall for the install but he made it to where there was no need for conduit. Clean look. I was very impressed.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: GoGators!
I picked up yesterday!
MDLR red gemini with black seats.
Ordered 1/15
Delivered 2/16 (Austin build).

Issues: scratches on frunk, front bumper, passenger mirror. Tesla will replace some of these panels, and others will be buffed and touched up next week. Otherwise all good!

Got rear door PPF and mud flap standard for New England.

I just received my first text message from Tesla since ordering the car. It’s the same as many others reported receiving in other threads.
“Hi Nnnn, great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app.”

Of course, I already have all that done. I guess this is a bit of good news?

• Helpful
Reactions: GoGators! and Vin B
Has anyone seen a red Tesla with ceramic coating? Does it really have noticeably more shine? I’ve never considered something like this before but I’m determined to keep it cleaner than I have my vehicles in the past. I’ve already got so many bugs to clean off the front I’ve heard this can make cleaning much easier but I don’t know much about it really.

I ordered red and I'm also considering ceramic coating. I'd love to see some examples also.

I picked up yesterday!
MDLR red gemini with black seats.
Ordered 1/15
Delivered 2/16 (Austin build).

Issues: scratches on frunk, front bumper, passenger mirror. Tesla will replace some of these panels, and others will be buffed and touched up next week. Otherwise all good!

Got rear door PPF and mud flap standard for New England.
So will Tesla doe the buffing and touch ups? Or do you plan to do that yourself? I am thinking since they will be replacing the panels, they might do the other stuff too at the same time. Congratulations on your MYLR RED.

I ordered red and I'm also considering ceramic coating. I'd love to see some examples also.
I have a black MYLR, and I'm picking up #2 in red, next week

I've had "Vader" for over a year. I purchased Xpel ppf and had the ppf finished with Gtechniq ceramic.

The finish is durable, beautiful, and cleans very easy. I use Optimum No Rinse (ONR) for washing. No suds, I can do it in my garage.
😎

Reactions: Bbear