Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is very true, but I failed to mention that it does not have my daughter's preferred interior color. She is hell-bent on it being white, and this vehicle's interior is black. This vehicle is for her, so I'm okay with potentially losing all or some of the tax credit. Even If she agreed to compromise, we don't know if we would get the vehicle by 2/28, assuming the tax credit changes on 3/1.

This is a lot of assumptions as we don't know the rules and how they will affect the tax credit amount. At the end of the day, a few things are must-haves for us: LR, red exterior, and white interior.

Family first! 100% I ordered my color combination for my son. He doesn't even know it's coming. I get it and I'd do the same.

VIN Received! *PF698*** EDD 3/9-3/16.
Any suggestions for Credit Unions with good rates? How does tesla take their down payments if I go with them?
No credit union advice at this time, but if you finance with Tesla you can do the down payment through the app, or take a cashier's check with you to the delivery appointment and give it to them the day you pick it up. That's probably the best option in case something is wrong with the vehicle and you decide to refuse delivery. Then they won't have your money and you won't have to go through the painful process of a refund.

For those who have delivery scheduled on 3/1 to 3/3, have you thought about asking the SA if there is anyway you can take delivery on 2/28? I am asking this because my delivery is scheduled on 3/2 and asked my SA if it is possible. I just want to be on the safe side re: tax credit situation. I can't see the future or guarantee anything - and we can all hope that whatever new guidelines IRS come up would not impact the potential full credit if the car is delivered by Mar. Anyways, my SA told me that the vehicle is supposed to be at the site on 2/28 and if it comes during early hours - he would give me a call for me to pick up. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Just thought to share...Good luck to all.

Impossible!! 😁

My last one was blue with white interior and I love the white interior so much...excited to have it with the red exterior. I think red and black looks amazing of course, I just love the white interior too much to not get it.

That's the issue both combinations look great!

I imagine the upkeep was generally pretty easy since you decided to get the white in another vehicle.

Reactions: GoGators!
I ordered my model Y red Jan 21st. They scheduled delivery for Feb 8 span, then moved it 3 times up. There were delays with the trucking. It was supposed to come today and did not. Funny thing is the Tesla guy called me just now and said my car was finally in, but the truck hydrolic broke to lower the car from the top (Which is where mine is located). He said that had never happened that he has experienced. So my car is sitting on the top of a semi just waiting for me! Who knows how long till he can repair the semi. HMPH!

Reactions: GoGators!
are those three issues fixable with service requests? I am going to pickup my car soon, Fremont build as well
Yes, they were able to fix all the issues. I even had some wind noise that came up - took a ride with a tech and he was great. He found an issue with my speaker that I didn't notice, fixed the wind noise, and saw that the dash was out of alignment because my door was 2mm too high, adjusted that. Took them 1 full day to fix (though I waited to pick it up until the next day)

That's the issue both combinations look great!

I imagine the upkeep was generally pretty easy since you decided to get the white in another vehicle.
Yes - no issue at all...the seats are very easy to clean. I keep a thing of baby wipes in the back and things just wipe right off when they happen. If you wear jeans a lot, you may notice a bit of color from the jeans on the driver seat. But I have interior cleaner and I just wipe the seats down occasionally and it was never an issue for me. I was so scared when I got them the first time of any little thing getting on them until I realized how easy they are to clean.

My 2 week old red Y in the snow.
7124FACB-D7E3-4575-A3A9-7C453A57BE2E_1_105_c.jpeg