Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning my edd got pushed from Mar 18 - Mar 31 to Mar 31 - May 5. Seem crazy. Not sure if I can wait that long. OD 02/08. MYP Red/Black. Los Angeles location.

😬 Crazy. Your build and mine should occur the same batch. I bet the difference in ours is logistics related. Or maybe they're going to run a red/white run and then switch to red/black?

MYLR Red/Black/19 - no options
OD 1/20
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)
- VIN to be assigned in 1-2 weeks text (Feb 26)
EDD 4: Mar 14-28 (updated Mar 6)

Can confirm that all Iowa MY deliveries have mud flaps and PPF included as communicated from SA and seen in person on other deliveries.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
No text, but I opened the app and saw an alert that tesla was making changes that impact my order… then I noticed the VIN above. This probably won’t help those break the habit of reloading like me. Lol.

Turns out that for the alert I just needed to log in to my account to accept the Tesla vision statement.

MYLR Red/Black/19 - no options
OD: 1/20
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)
- trade in text (Feb 23)
- VIN to be assigned in 1-2 weeks text (Feb 26)
EDD 4: Mar 14-28 (updated Mar 6)
- VIN Assigned: Mar 7 (no text, only in app) PA084…
EDD 5: Mar 19-28

OD : 02/01 MYP MSM EDD (last) MAR 18 - MAR 31
03/05 - Order changed to MLYR Red 20" via Waiting For Tesla ; VIN assigned instantly
Build Date - 03/04

Vehicle still in Fremont with an estimated arrival into Colorado Springs - 03/20 - 03/22. Was expecting it a lot sooner when i supposedly switched/matched to a vehicle "in inventory". Two plus weeks to get it form Fremont to Colorado :mad:

Last edited:
20230305_132017.jpg

Finally took delivery. I originally ordered white on gemini's, then changed it to red, then found a local inventory red on the 20"induction wheels and pulled the trigger. Everytime I look at the car I'm so happy we switched to red.

MYLR5
White/White interior/19-inch Gemini wheels
OD: 1/30/23
EDD 1: Feb-Mar
Profile Completion: 1/31/23
EDD 2: 3/22-3/31
Change to Red/White/19-inch Gemini wheels: 2/3/23
EDD 3: 3/24-3/31
EDD 4 (2/14): 4/15-5/2
EDD 5 (2/28): 4/16-5/21
EDD 6 (3/7): 4/26-5/31
Location Connecticut
Tesla location: Mt. Kisco

The wait continues ....

Impatiently waiting on my MYLR R/B 20” (Charlotte, NC Delivery) and this thread is keeping me sane. Original OD 1/30, changed to "accelerated delivery option, 2/27. VIN issued 2/27 with delivery window of 3/15 - 3/22. Last week it updated to 3/12-3/21 and my heart jumped only to have no additional updates since. All I can do is wait and enjoy the pictures of other people's cars 🤪

The new red is not my thing, but I like the fact that it starts to provide differentiation.

There's a customer with a model X on order with the old RED here on the forums. He said when he views his vehicle in the App that it's changed to the new ULTRA RED along with the configuration details; still the old pricing though.

I would love the new ultra RED on my upcoming MYP. Probably not enough for me to delay my order through. For $7,500 in tax credits I could repaint the car any color I wanted in the future.

View attachment 915380
Finally took delivery. I originally ordered white on gemini's, then changed it to red, then found a local inventory red on the 20"induction wheels and pulled the trigger. Everytime I look at the car I'm so happy we switched to red.
Looks gorgeous. I am the same, originally ordered W/W/19 (to remain under $55K), but later found a R/W/20 and went with it. I cannot agree more that the red looks stunning and would stand out. I am expecting more whites on the road :). Enjoy!

Looks gorgeous. I am the same, originally ordered W/W/19 (to remain under $55K), but later found a R/W/20 and went with it. I cannot agree more that the red looks stunning and would stand out. I am expecting more whites on the road :). Enjoy!
They must have had a big batch of the Red's with 20's as I jumped on a similar opportunity. I changed out my original Blue/Black/19 order for a R/B/20 because it was offered for accelerated delivery. I have only seen a couple red Y's in my area and they look great. They stand out a lot more than the blue.

Reactions: greenearth2129
Cleveland ,OH has a Red with Black 19" available for pickup - if you are from any of these states - IN, KY, MI, OH, WV you can try and grab it :)

I wish I could, some of my friends got cars from the same location. while am still waiting