Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red pixel running through screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went into my car randomly today and haven't drove the car the past week due to covid. And I saw a red line running through the gh my screen. I know it was fine after an update and then boom this happened. I'm on 12.6. Anyone else have this issue or seen it before? I scheduled for a ranger but have ppl got denied?

Attachments

• 20200430_230946.jpg
    20200430_230946.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 348
I just went into my car randomly today and haven't drove the car the past week due to covid. And I saw a red line running through the gh my screen. I know it was fine after an update and then boom this happened. I'm on 12.6. Anyone else have this issue or seen it before? I scheduled for a ranger but have ppl got denied?

Bad line of pixels. It happens. Just get your screen replaced.

First one I’ve heard of. It happens. I had an Apple Notebook have this type of thing once before. They didn’t fix it, because they said it was within acceptable levels of pixel damage. :(

I’m pretty sure Tesla will replace yours though. That’s more than a few pixels. :)

Hey everyone, just giving a quick update. Got a call from the ranger this am and informed me to report a bug, once you report it the car will take a screenshot and from there they can see the pixel as well. He informed me that it is covered under warranty which is good.

Also my car is a April 18 build with 20k miles. HW3.

On the bright side, one of my friend said it's just a stuck pixel and only needed to run a video to remove it. I was more incline to do that since I didn't want to buy another screen protector. So I tried the fix and took about 20 mins and screen is back to normal again.

Thanks all for all your help.

Hey everyone, just giving a quick update. Got a call from the ranger this am and informed me to report a bug, once you report it the car will take a screenshot and from there they can see the pixel as well. He informed me that it is covered under warranty which is good.

On the bright side, one of my friend said it's just a stuck pixel and only needed to run a video to remove it. I was more incline to do that since I didn't want to buy another screen protector. So I tried the fix and took about 20 mins and screen is back to normal again.

Good to hear. Glad you have it taken care of.

First things first: If it's a hardware issue, no screenshot is going to show that. You'd have to take a photo of the screen to show it. If it fixed itself, then... well, I don't know what to tell you. I suspect the issue will come back again, but I hope it doesn't.