Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Autopilot and FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. The new price is only for people that purchased their cars prior to the pricing decrease.

New cars have lower prices. You do not get the lower prices and the lower Autopilot deal together. One or the other.

Tesla did this as a partial offset to people upset that they paid more than current buyers will.

Reactions: kbecks13
If you ordered on 2/28 with the newest (lower) pricing with the introduction of SR, you are not eligible.

This is the whole reason they offered $5k package to people who ordered BEFORE 2/28/19. People complained about the lower pricing and Tesla tried to make it right for “some” people and the official statement went up on 3/1 as a blog post.

If you ordered with then newest lower pricing and is asking for the $5k package...

Last edited:
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
On the bright side you get HW3.

If that doesn't make you feel better I had to pay $8K too. I bought both EAP+FSD awhile back so no discount for me.

What's funny is the only ones really getting a substantial discount (of $3K) are those that didn't buy either, and they likely won't buy FSD for $5K. Most people don't have $5K laying around to pay for a post-purchase option for their car. Especially if that feature wasn't that important to them when they bought the car. It won't be more than EAP for at least 6-12 months.

So I'm kinda curious about the take rate for it. If the take rate is high it was probably worth pissing off the small percentage of customers like me who got EAP+FSD.

I placed my order on the 28th and have not picked up my Tesla. Telsa customer support is telling me I can't get FSD and autopilot for 5K and I will have to pay the full 8K. Anyone else having this issue?

If you haven't picked up the car yet and can get better pricing on a new one of the same car with a new order just reject it (or hell, return it, since you have 7 days now to get a full refund).