Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already Monday night out here, and the prices still hasn't changed in my account for the autopilot options, $2,000 for base autopilot and $3,000 for Full Self Driving. Thought that the prices would go back up to 'normal' on Monday, but not so far for me, yet
Well, when the lower prices were announced March 1, it took a few days before they were reflected on their website.

Last edited:
To all the people who keep saying Tesla follows through with what they promise, here is another example of changing their minds at the last second. This is example 5,321.

It's weird how you keep confusing "We did what we promised, but were late doing it" (which is pretty common with Tesla) with "We didn't at all do the thing we promised" (which isn't)

To all the people who keep saying Tesla follows through with what they promise, here is another example of changing their minds at the last second. This is example 5,321.

I think it is more an example of how Tesla is operating more like volunteers running a bake sale then a business.

Decisions are made and announced without consideration for the consequences. Telsa once again overestimated it’s capabilities to deliver something to customers.

All that aside, it was a good call to extend the window to purchase given the many challenges people had.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: dnvr-ev
Im sorry.. but why are people complaining that prices didn't go up?

You people honestly confuse the *sugar* out of me. Waaaahhh prices went down for XYZ... waaaahhh prices went up for XYZ... waaahhh prices are staying the same for XYZ.

There are few ligitiamte stories of people doing things they rather would not have to get in there purchase before yesterday. They have a legit gripe.

You people honestly confuse the *sugar* out of me. Waaaahhh prices went down for XYZ... waaaahhh prices went up for XYZ... waaahhh prices are staying the same for XYZ.

Because some of us only bought the upgrades now (rather than waiting to see if more info comes out or features actually materialize) because it was a "limited time offer." If the actual price correction date was two months out, I would've definitely held off to see if Elon had more to say about FSD/HW3/etc.

Because some of us only bought the upgrades now (rather than waiting to see if more info comes out or features actually materialize) because it was a "limited time offer." If the actual price correction date was two months out, I would've definitely held off to see if Elon had more to say about FSD/HW3/etc.
People still seem to be having trouble grasping how sales work, which seems to be what got us in this bind. If they want to charge $5 or $50,000 tomorrow, that's their prerogative. My job as an informed consumer is to find the price I find agreeable and purchase then, irrespective of what the company may or may not do for future customers.

People still seem to be having trouble grasping how sales work, which seems to be what got us in this bind. If they want to charge $5 or $50,000 tomorrow, that's their prerogative. My job as an informed consumer is to find the price I find agreeable and purchase then, irrespective of what the company may or may not do for future customers.

Agreed but then maybe some of us thought that Tesla was different from all the regular auto dealers. I am fine personally with them delaying the increase or for that matter keeping it permanent, i just dont care for this sale 50% off ending today business (like kohl's) and then oh guess what it is on tomorrow. I can deal with that too going forward, just didnt think Tesla was in that group.

Wish they were similarly willing to extend the end date when they offered free connectivity. I booked on june 30th, their site bumped me for credit card issue. I rebooked in a few days after sending multiple messages, calls to Tesla (which they never responded to) and then they told me No lifetime connectivity/soup for you since it was ordered just after June 30th.

Reactions: dnvr-ev

Because some of us went into serious debt to buy a feature that was about to go up in price and then it didn’t. It’s hard to believe anything Daddy Tesla says.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Because some of us went into serious debt to buy a feature that was about to go up in price and then it didn’t. It’s hard to believe anything Daddy Tesla says.
Serious debt to buy a $2,000 item? You bought too much car.

I still don’t get it though. I decided to buy it before Monday because I decided it was worth $2k, but not $3k or $4k. Why would I care if or when price goes up?

Serious debt to buy a $2,000 item? You bought too much car.

I still don’t get it though. I decided to buy it before Monday because I decided it was worth $2k, but not $3k or $4k. Why would I care if or when price goes up?
I put $5,000 on a credit card. Sorry that is nothing to you. If I have six months to buy it I would like to wait and save. Customer service told me I had until Monday.

It's weird how you keep confusing "We did what we promised, but were late doing it" (which is pretty common with Tesla) with "We didn't at all do the thing we promised" (which isn't)
We have all known people who constantly change their minds about everything. We still like these people, but we don’t believe them anymore. It’s the same principle.