Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to add referral code to a vehicle after delivery?

Adding a code after delivery is essentially impossible, unless you can show there was a mistake (or fraud) made with the original code. If one wasn’t used, virtually no chance they will add it. But the worst they can say is no and you are no worse off than you are now.

my friend ordered AWD after I gave him a test drive. Then there was no referral program for any model 3. He then goes to test drive P-AWD and upgrades his order later. During that time P-AWD has referral, so he contacted Tesla, more specially an employee who he went to test drive with to add my referral code. In that instance, it was not a problem.

Try it, the worst is no. if you dont try it, its surely no.

my friend ordered AWD after I gave him a test drive. Then there was no referral program for any model 3. He then goes to test drive P-AWD and upgrades his order later. During that time P-AWD has referral, so he contacted Tesla, more specially an employee who he went to test drive with to add my referral code. In that instance, it was not a problem.

Try it, the worst is no. if you dont try it, its surely no.

After you order, a referral code can absolutely be added. After DELIVERY? No idea, but unlikely without management intervention..

After you order, a referral code can absolutely be added. After DELIVERY? No idea, but unlikely without management intervention..
I have sent an email to Tesla support and still waiting for a response. The email was send about 2 weeks ago. I have tired to call customer service and the wait time have been horrendously long,30 min or longer. Not sure what else to do. Will try to send another email and call them again. Tesla customer service really needs improvements!

sigh...

I know I am new here like a lot of others, but I am not new to online car forums. There IS A REASON that this board has CLEAR guidelines about not putting referral codes in signatures etc. Its to prevent this kind of "referral code spam". Dont do this, people...

The OP had a specific question about adding a referral code after order. Totally within bounds in my book. NOT within bounds are posts in this thread saying "heres my referral code everyone! (regardless of now nicely its said or the fact that you use a link instead of putting it in your signature).

sigh...

I know I am new here like a lot of others, but I am not new to online car forums. There IS A REASON that this board has CLEAR guidelines about not putting referral codes in signatures etc. Its to prevent this kind of "referral code spam". Dont do this, people...

The OP had a specific question about adding a referral code after order. Totally within bounds in my book. NOT within bounds are posts in this thread saying "heres my referral code everyone! (regardless of now nicely its said or the fact that you use a link instead of putting it in your signature).
Those posts have been reported and will be removed by a moderator.

Those posts have been reported and will be removed by a moderator.
I have removed a number of offending posts. I'm leaving the previous two posts in place even though they're out of context, just so I can add this note to future posters:

Referral codes are prohibited in the public forum, except in the official referral thread. They are also prohibited in PM. Violators will have their accounts restricted. There are excellent reasons to keep referrals off of this forum, not the least of which is to keep this place informative and not a marketplace for referrals.

I have removed a number of offending posts. I'm leaving the previous two posts in place even though they're out of context, just so I can add this note to future posters:

Referral codes are prohibited in the public forum, except in the official referral thread. They are also prohibited in PM. Violators will have their accounts restricted. There are excellent reasons to keep referrals off of this forum, not the least of which is to keep this place informative and not a marketplace for referrals.
My apologies everyone. I'll admit I made an error in judgement and will be sure to follow the guidelines going forward.

I have sent an email to Tesla support and still waiting for a response. The email was send about 2 weeks ago. I have tired to call customer service and the wait time have been horrendously long,30 min or longer. Not sure what else to do. Will try to send another email and call them again. Tesla customer service really needs improvements!

Don't bother with email. You never know when you're going to get a response. I referred a friend who called in and added my code the day before he took delivery. Actually, some random person already referred him but he changed his referral code to mine to help me out. Took 45 minutes on hold, but it was well worth it.

Just plan to be on hold for an hour and put some Netflix on. Or check work email. That's what I do if/when I need to call.

I have finally received an email back from Tesla. I had received an email back stating that it is too late and the car had been delivered already and to contatact Owner Advisor or Delivery Advisor for support. However, the same day I recoeved an email that they add added the code to my vehicle. Finally I have 6 month free supercharging.