Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Program coming to an end tomorrow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm in the UK and am considering getting a Model S. I've been told that the referral program for free supercharging for life (I'm guessing the car's life, not mine...) is coming to an end tomorrow.

Is that right?
Is it likely to be replaced with anything?
Please can someone send me a a referral code (I can't guarantee I'll buy, but if I do, I'll use the first one I receive in accordance with the forum rules).

Thanks!
L

Hi there,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm in the UK and am considering getting a Model S. I've been told that the referral program for free supercharging for life (I'm guessing the car's life, not mine...) is coming to an end tomorrow.

Is that right?
Is it likely to be replaced with anything?
Please can someone send me a a referral code (I can't guarantee I'll buy, but if I do, I'll use the first one I receive in accordance with the forum rules).

Thanks!
L

I wouldn't hold my breath on it ending tomorrow. And I most definitely would not buy right now, there's enough indications around, that something updated is coming, it's just a matter of when. Maybe March?

If you’re considering buying, post a message in the main referral program thread here and people will PM you offering all kinds of cash and prizes to use their link. Of course it’s against the referral program rules but...

The app appears to connect to Tesla for text/Falcon Heavy video/displays, since there have been numerous updates to text (and obviously referral count) without updating the app - so I assume they'll do the same with any new referral program (no app update required). The addition of the energy monitoring was in the release notes for the update. I don't see any hidden features, though.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Tesla App was updated 3 days ago on iOS.
I poked around & found new settings options. Face ID & Notifications.
I swiped the avitar of my Tesla Model S and saw something I’ve never seen before.
I’m guessing that whatever is coming 2/1 for the referral program is already in there.
The Powerwall info has been in the Android version for several weeks.

Thanks for your responses guys. I've had quite a few offers of referral codes, so thank you for those too.

L
Hahah. I'll bet you have.

My best advice on that: Try to pick someone local to you. Make them work for that referral. They should help you sort through any incentives, give advice on planning your first roadtrip, how to find alternative charging in the wild, etc. When you use someone's referral code, they're getting a reward, too.

Just to be clear: the free supercharging from referral codes is not for the life of the car, but only for the time that you own the car (meaning it is not transferable if you sell the car down the road).

As I remember, isn’t it tied to the Tesla account? Meaning that any future Model S/X you buy will also have it?

Anyway, right now, they’re so backordered, I wouldn’t be surprised if they let the referral program lapse entirely for now. I referred someone this time and found out they’re having to wait 3 months(!) for their car. My daughter will be waiting a long time for that Model S for kids...

As I remember, isn’t it tied to the Tesla account? Meaning that any future Model S/X you buy will also have it?

I don’t think so based on the wording on my Tesla account:

D6AE9A80-E0D1-4758-81D6-0352D3C84415.png

If you ordered the car through referral to get unlimited SpC that’s the wording you get.

My car came with unlimited SpC without referral and this is what it says:

View attachment 276880

Correct. Any cars purchased before January 2017 (and delivered prior April 2017) came with free supercharging tied to the life of the car (meaning it is transferable). Cars sold after Jan 2017 only receive free supercharging with referral, and this is non-transferable.

An Update to Our Supercharging Program

Either way, I don’t think any of us have free supercharging tied to our My Tesla accounts that apply to all future purchases...as it is written now we would both only receive free supercharging on our next Tesla if purchased by the end of the month (although they could easily change the wording of this 48 hours from now to extend it).

Reactions: CBPfromTN