Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You use the link that someone gave you to initiate the ordering process.

If you are in need of a referral link, there are plenty of people here to choose from. The referral link is under the information tab after clicking on a members avatar and selecting the profile page link.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
I forgot to do it but my understanding is that you have to use a link provided by somebody and order the car straight after clicking that link.

Yup ...

But it isn't all that significant (e.g. if you didn't have opportunity to use a referral code)

If you charge 1,000 miles at home (you'll get around 4 miles / kW) on an Off Peak electricity tariff that could be as low as £20

If you would use a Supercharger (offer is time limited for 6 months) then that would be £ 0.24 per kWh so around £60 saved ... and about 4 hours sat at the Supercharger :)

The person who's code you use gets 1,000 miles too - so if you know someone who travels far and wide there is that extra benefit.

Yup ...

But it isn't all that significant (e.g. if you didn't have opportunity to use a referral code)

If you charge 1,000 miles at home (you'll get around 4 miles / kW) on an Off Peak electricity tariff that could be as low as £20

If you would use a Supercharger (offer is time limited for 6 months) then that would be £ 0.24 per kWh so around £60 saved ... and about 4 hours sat at the Supercharger :)

The person who's code you use gets 1,000 miles too - so if you know someone who travels far and wide there is that extra benefit.
Admittedly I don't think I would have used more than a few hundred in 6 months anyway so it would have been a small benefit for me but I'm sure there are people who could have used all 1000 if I had used their code. Unfortunately I had deliberated about the order all day and decided to do it just before I went to bed so just rushed it

I'm sure there are people who could have used all 1000 if I had used their code

Indeed :) But I think it is mostly a clever "freebie" marketing trick. Tiny value but feels like it is worth more. Creates Column-Inches too ...

I do 30,000 miles a year and have unlimited Supercharging ... TeslaFi says Supercharging is 10% of my charging but even then I have some 6-month periods where I don't manage to use 1,000 miles worth, but it is saving me £250 a year on Supercharging (well ... actually £150 saved allowing for what i would have to pay to charge at home) ... nice to have, for sure, but ...

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
You can use the referral code and both you and the person you refer get 1,000 free Supercharger miles, to be used within the first 6 months. It's a pretty negligible benefit in terms of the actual value, so I wouldn't be too cut up about it if you forgot to use one.

Still, if you haven't ordered yet find a friend with a Tesla and have them refer you. If you don't know anyone, many folks here have their referral code in their profile.

Generally I will rarely use a super charger, (just would have been nice to use someone who would benefit on here) as most of my day to day is never over 200 miles, and rarely that, I already have a Pod charger at home type 2.

Performance, Grey, Black interior, Full Self-Driving Capability, I guess that is what FSD is, Dartford, I live in East Sussex.

Can't Say I am too impressed with the way the system works, more anxious about getting all the information right filling it in on the web pages than the wait, as I guess if you mess up it is a nightmare to sort it out .

Generally I will rarely use a super charger, (just would have been nice to use someone who would benefit on here) as most of my day to day is never over 200 miles, and rarely that, I already have a Pod charger at home type 2.

Performance, Grey, Black interior, Full Self-Driving Capability, I guess that is what FSD is, Dartford, I live in East Sussex.

Can't Say I am too impressed with the way the system works, more anxious about getting all the information right filling it in on the web pages than the wait, as I guess if you mess up it is a nightmare to sort it out .

The good thing about Tesla is their willingness to let you change your order (or cancel) with no penalty whatsoever. If you have made a mistake it's easy to fix. The only downside is waiting for Tesla to confirm any changes, as they're a bit swamped right now with the forthcoming surge of UK deliveries.

That's going to be one awesome car though, congratulations! I assume you're in some sort of EV already if you've got a PodPoint?

The good thing about Tesla is their willingness to let you change your order (or cancel) with no penalty whatsoever. If you have made a mistake it's easy to fix. The only downside is waiting for Tesla to confirm any changes, as they're a bit swamped right now with the forthcoming surge of UK deliveries.

Exactly ^^^ this.

Tesla are very accommodating, in general. But chaotic ... so you have to bravely assume they will sort it out, even when nothing seems to be happening. Its a lot easier the umpteenth time than the first ...

I agree that most of us will never use 1000 miles of supercharging in 6 months, so the benefit we get is not worth a great deal. But it feels good to have it.
As it happens, I think I have 5000 free miles, of which I will certainly scarcely use any. However, because when I ordered on 1st May there was no option to add a referral on the web site I had to telephone afterwards, and received an email confirming my referral. Later, on checking directly with Tesla, I was told that they had no record of this, but took a photocopy of their email to me. I have heard nothing since. I shall be interested when I collect my car (supposedly in the period 10th to 17th September) whether I have any free supercharging miles.