Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referrals on Model 3 don't exist !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my P3D without a referral code. I mistakenly assumed there would be a field to add it later in the ordering process. Oops, there wasn't! The next day, I tried to add it by calling my local store. Except, they weren't able to add it either at the time, because "the systems were still being upgraded to handle Model 3 referrals". They took down my information, including the referral code, and told me "it would be done." Made me a bit nervous, but I decided to wait it out and let them handle it.

My referral finally showed up in my loot box about two weeks after delivery. (I used my own referral code to order the P3D.) Still waiting for free supercharging. Will call them again in another week.

This is exactly the type of thing I’m trying to avoid. It takes some of the enjoyment out of getting the car or the supercharging perk. It shouldn’t be this hard.

Reactions: Brian N and EVChris
I ordered my P3D without a referral code. I mistakenly assumed there would be a field to add it later in the ordering process. Oops, there wasn't! The next day, I tried to add it by calling my local store. Except, they weren't able to add it either at the time, because "the systems were still being upgraded to handle Model 3 referrals". They took down my information, including the referral code, and told me "it would be done." Made me a bit nervous, but I decided to wait it out and let them handle it.

My referral finally showed up in my loot box about two weeks after delivery. (I used my own referral code to order the P3D.) Still waiting for free supercharging. Will call them again in another week.

I used my own referral code to order the P3D. You can do that? Really?
Well, I thought I was done with this today but I'm all over that if I can still do it.
I just sent a note to my OA.

Yes, it shouldn't be this hard.

Last edited:
Wow I feel a little bit better after reading this thread. I placed my order for a P3 yesterday and am experiencing the same problems. I followed a referral link and everything.

Interesting that Tesla is not setup for the referrals on model 3. I hope they get all this sorted out soon. I was pretty stressed out after ordering and having no proof that the referral worked and nothing to show that my build has the free supercharging attached on my end either.

It would make sense they are just applying it to all performance orders. If they can retroactively credit the referral later on when they do figure out how to make the system work properly doesn’t bother me at all. It would just be nice to have confirmation of free supercharging when placing the order or after the order was placed.

Reactions: EVChris

So you really got it? You'd be the first. I am in the same boat, but I have not given them my $$, but they say they have the car in Costa Mesa, ready to go.

So you really got it? You'd be the first. I am in the same boat, but I have not given them my $$, but they say they have the car in Costa Mesa, ready to go.

You mean free supercharging? It still shows as "pay-per-use" under My Tesla. I haven't called them yet. Figured I would wait until after the end-of-quarter crunch. I'm not too concerned about it. They know when I ordered, when I took delivery, and that I used a referral code, so I met all the qualifications.

My advice is to take delivery and enjoy the car. I've been having a blast.

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
Where is the My Tesla page? I have an S and a 3 Performance on order. The S has free supercharging but I don't see anything on my tesla.com page for it. And my 3 Performance will have free supercharging and I don't see anything for it either.

The Model 3 page (also under your Tesla.com account) looks different from the Model X page, so it’s probably the same situation for you and your S. But if you click into the Model 3, then click on View Vehicle Details, there you can see the entry for supercharging, which for me is where it says Pay-Per-Use. I’d imagine this would eventually change to something like “unlimited”.

On my Model X page, there’s a short blurb about how I have free unlimited supercharging that will transfer to the next owner.

Reactions: EVChris