Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reflection on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just finished a 24hr test drive before I order my X. I noticed after picking it up at night that the upper mesh portion of the dash reflects a pattern that adds a haze to the windshield. Took me a minute to see it, but it felt like the windhsield wash just hazy at first.

Driving it yesterday in overcast conditions, it was even worse and you can see the mesh reflection clearly. The line where the mesh meets the vinyl dash is also right in the line of sight.

I've seen some mentions here and there in old threads, but does anyone have a solution? Ive seen the polarized glasses rec, but can't wear them at night.

Reactions: Cowby
I did notice the ghosting in the loaner I had at night. Nothing during the day other than the dash reflection. Both are definitely annoying, I just found the dash reflection TERRIBLE given how high it reflects up onto the windshield directly in the line of sight.

• Informative
Reactions: MS16
The dash reflection is especially annoying once you are locked on it, as it's then hard to look beyond. I don't have ghosting, but I do have the rainbow effect. I experimented with my seat positions a few times and apparently I've adjusted to both daylight situations as neither bothers me unless I'm looking for them, although admittedly very distracting at first. Sort of like the size of the rear view mirror....had to adjust to that as well.

So I just finished a 24hr test drive before I order my X. I noticed after picking it up at night that the upper mesh portion of the dash reflects a pattern that adds a haze to the windshield. Took me a minute to see it, but it felt like the windhsield wash just hazy at first.

Driving it yesterday in overcast conditions, it was even worse and you can see the mesh reflection clearly. The line where the mesh meets the vinyl dash is also right in the line of sight.

I've seen some mentions here and there in old threads, but does anyone have a solution? Ive seen the polarized glasses rec, but can't wear them at night.

Were you able to resolve this? Was this caused by the faulty glass for the windshield?