Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 2021 front bumper facelift on 2016+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the f in
I compared both front. The 2022+ front end are completely different beside the hood, and both fenders are the same. There's no more hepa filter once you removed the storage and i think it got relocated to the wall, not 100% sure. I know all those parts can be bought used and its alot of parts and time consuming.
I have one concerned on how you got the bumper to work. The 2 "member rail" that attached to the "inner motor mount" are different to the older year. Did you have to cut and weld the 2022+ member rail to the old one to the correct length? Or did you used the old member rail and modified the bumper reinforcementt mounting screw holes to attach it?
Are you taking about the reinforcement bar? That is the part I am referring that you have to modify. You have to modify it by cutting both sides shorter. You also have to trim a little on the bottom of reinforcement bar to make the new bumper fit.

Does that include the aw shoes as well?
Is it per chance off a crash damaged vehicle?

You may find the included sensors need to be removed as the AP1 sensors fitted to your X will use different connectors to the ones on the 22-23 model.
What are the aw shoes?

This has a couple scratches on it but it will be wrapped anyway.

All my AP1 sensors are intact so no worries there.

Reactions: kingpleb
Sorry it auto corrected from
US sensors, the parking sensors and lights. Also the duct parts as well incase they are different.
1690730431408.png

The Ducts look to be intact and i have the sensors from my original bumper. Otherwise i have the vents too.

Reactions: kingpleb
For the f in

Are you taking about the reinforcement bar? That is the part I am referring that you have to modify. You have to modify it by cutting both sides shorter. You also have to trim a little on the bottom of reinforcement bar to make the new bumper
both rail length on the older tear works?
So the older year rail work and you didnt modify both rails length? Nice. What about the mounting screw holes that attached the reinforcement bar. On the 2022+ reinforcement bar, 2 studs stick out and the other two studs on the rails. Is that easy to modify?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230730_012539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230730_012539_Chrome.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20230730_123721_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230730_123721_Chrome.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 128
So the older year rail work and you didnt modify both rails length? Nice. What about the mounting screw holes that attached the reinforcement bar. On the 2022+ reinforcement bar, 2 studs stick out and the other two studs on the rails. Is that easy to modify?
Rockwell, can you confirm this. Did you used the older year reinforcement bar and modified the length to fit the 2022+ bumper or did you used the 2022+ reinforcement bar? Sorry just confused. You didn't mention if you modified the old reinforcement bar or the 2023+ year.

Rockwell, can you confirm this. Did you used the older year reinforcement bar and modified the length to fit the 2022+ bumper or did you used the 2022+ reinforcement bar? Sorry just confused. You didn't mention if you modified the old reinforcement bar or the 2023+ year.
I didn’t do anything modification to the rails. I only modify/trim the old reinforcement bar. The needed to trim the existing reinforcement bar because it was hitting the new design fog lights.

I didn’t do anything modification to the rails. I only modify/trim the old reinforcement bar. The needed to trim the existing reinforcement bar because it was hitting the new design fog lights.
Nice that we can modified the old model reinforcement bar to get it to work for the 2022+ bumber.
Did you also replaced the 2022+ radiator support, grill front duct, shuttle assy, front end carrier and frunk storage?

My main concern is the grill duct and shuttle assy since that open up the air to cool down the car and the new bumper designed doesn't fit the old duct.

Btw, thanks you for codification.

Reactions: taimurasad
For the f in

Are you taking about the reinforcement bar? That is the part I am referring that you have to modify. You have to modify it by cutting both sides shorter. You also have to trim a little on the bottom of reinforcement bar to make the new bumper fit.
Can you tell whether the bumper you purchased came with new fog lights or you had to get them separately?

Hello guys, a month ago I got into an accident with an animal that jumped in front of me. It damaged my left rear door, fender, hood and front are badly. Insurance have it a total lost cause of the parts and labor so I convinced them to write me a max $$ check to me instead and keep the car without report a total lost. I know 100% the car can be repairable and since I like the new 2022+ look. I came here to find an answer to retrofit the new bumper.

Time was wasted and hardly get a clear answer. 3 days ago I bought a used 2022+ bumper for $100 and start look into doing it myself 2 days ago.

After comparing the old and the new bumper, top half they look practically the same beside the middle part and where the air duct are at. Here is a picture of what I did and the fitment of the bumper. I think the foglight need some work because of the reinforcement at the end are too close.

Attachments

• 20230808_185919.jpg
    20230808_185919.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20230808_185726.jpg
    20230808_185726.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 108
Hello guys, a month ago I got into an accident with an animal that jumped in front of me. It damaged my left rear door, fender, hood and front are badly. Insurance have it a total lost cause of the parts and labor so I convinced them to write me a max $$ check to me instead and keep the car without report a total lost. I know 100% the car can be repairable and since I like the new 2022+ look. I came here to find an answer to retrofit the new bumper.

Time was wasted and hardly get a clear answer. 3 days ago I bought a used 2022+ bumper for $100 and start look into doing it myself 2 days ago.

After comparing the old and the new bumper, top half they look practically the same beside the middle part and where the air duct are at. Here is a picture of what I did and the fitment of the bumper. I think the foglight need some work because of the reinforcement at the end are too close.
Amazing work. Where did you get it for $100? Can you share link? Also, did you buy it in blue or did get it painted?