Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 2021 front bumper facelift on 2016+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing work. Where did you get it for $100? Can you share link? Also, did you buy it in blue or did get it painted?
Offerup. It's damaged with unnecessary holes and its missing 3 left side fog light brackets. SC will cost you
Fascia lamp bracket left $20
Fascia bracket $20
Fascia front side bracket $55

I was able to get the rear clean door shell in blue for $400, blue fender for $150, blue hood for $200 and headlight for $100 with bracket. So the only thing I need to do minor repair and paint is the hood, fender and bumper.

There's 3 parts that needed to retrofit the new bumper to work and keep everything original.

1) The hardest part for this bumper to fit perfectly is to cut old center top edges hole clips from old then plastic weld them to the new bumper.
2) Next is to cut the old duct and plastic weld them to the new bumper to make it reach to the duct opening.
3) Reinforcement bar need to cut both end to fit foglights and bottom to fit air duct.

All sensors remove from old with bracket and re-glue to the new bumpet. Fog light still trouble since it's a 3 pins instead of 6 pins.

Reactions: taimurasad
There's 3 parts that needed to retrofit the new bumper to work and keep everything original.

1) The hardest part for this bumper to fit perfectly is to cut old center top edges hole clips from old then plastic weld them to the new bumper.
2) Next is to cut the old duct and plastic weld them to the new bumper to make it reach to the duct opening.
3) Reinforcement bar need to cut both end to fit foglights and bottom to fit air duct.

All sensors remove from old with bracket and re-glue to the new bumpet. Fog light still trouble since it's a 3 pins instead of 6 pins.
Regarding fog lights, what if you cut the connector and directly connect the wires? Will it work?

Verifying the fog light connection on the old Model X RIGHT side with this HOT dry heat. This wasn't easy with my daughter helping out turning on/off the headligh, fog light and turn signal like 40x. Sorry for my bad drawing.

I know on Model 3 LEFT side with 3 pins. Purple wire (left) is amber/strip light "im assumed that's signal", (middle) blue wire fog and (blk) negative.

If someone can help verifying on the new Model X, 3 pins fog light if its the same connection as Model 3 that would be very helpful.

Attachments

• 20230811_142102.jpg
    20230811_142102.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20230811_142115.jpg
    20230811_142115.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230811_142117.jpg
    20230811_142117.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 67
You mean the 2021+ refresh ones?
Yes the one in the picture showing the back side. I just bought another set of the Model X with 6 pins. I will post the picture later tomorrow if anyone interested.

This foglight retrofit are giving everyone a problem even with the correct connector.
Like Rockwell said, the fastest and quickest way is swapping the inside board. I just hope there's room to mount them.
Will let you know after I heat them up in the oven. Lol

Reactions: Rockwell
Yes the one in the picture showing the back side. I just bought another set of the Model X with 6 pins. I will post the picture later tomorrow if anyone interested.

This foglight retrofit are giving everyone a problem even with the correct connector.
Like Rockwell said, the fastest and quickest way is swapping the inside board. I just hope there's room to mount them.
Please keep us updated!

The rear bumper is *not* a direct bolt on, you need 4 parts, rear fascia, tow hitch cover, splash guard, and aero cover.

However the rear aero cover on a 2023 does not line up with the battery of the 2018. Take a look at the picture below, in the image the lower parts are the original Splash Guard and Aero cover from 2018, the upper part of the image is from the 2023. Notice they do not line up, so unless you made some modifications these are not bolt on it seems

Also I get all my parts from Tesla directly (off of Kato in fact) it's cheaper than eBay lol.

My car is at the shop right now and they cannot put it back together. Any suggestions?
1000000291.jpg

Do you have any update on this @AndreX ?

After looking at the other model X above I asked my shop to interchange the 2023 and 2018 aero covers and looks like he has to punch a few holes to make it work but this might be the way to go, which is good cause that is one less part:
View attachment 967992
Let us know the outcome on how it look. From looking at the pictures the center seem to work, but the side look different.

Didn't one of Rockwell rear picture said it a direct fit?