Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious of people who are still on here still waiting for a M3P order from 2020 with a ‘new delivery date’ of Feb to March 2021?

I’m wondering if Tesla is still putting cars out for U.S.A.

I'm still in the waiting room, The coffee's cold and all the cookies disappeared 12/31. Bathroom needs some attention too.

Just curious of people who are still on here still waiting for a M3P order from 2020 with a ‘new delivery date’ of Feb to March 2021?

I’m wondering if Tesla is still putting cars out for U.S.A.
Can’t say where they were headed but, I live about 20 min from Fremont factory and I have in the past few days, every time I have been driving on 101 (major north south freeway) I have seen 5-6 trailers of model 3s and only model 3s heading north towards San Francsico. Maybe to the ports for car carriers/ships? So still producing like crazy. Just not sure where they are headed.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Same. There was a chance of getting a delivery if you changed your DC to Fremont, but that has passed since all performance Models are out of the factory now. Looks like we’re all in for another long wait...

is there any benefit to changing to the fremont factory? maybe easier if there are any issues with the car? the factory is only about 3 miles further than santana row for me

is there any benefit to changing to the fremont factory? maybe easier if there are any issues with the car? the factory is only about 3 miles further than santana row for me

The only benefit was at the end of the quarter when they were still trying to deliver cars out as quickly as possible. Fremont has the highest chance of getting a match before their production line is retooled for overseas builds. Basically all of us that had VINs assigned, and then later had them disappear, were too far for them to make their delivery deadline. Those VINs were reassigned to whoever that could pick it up the quickest in the area. Doesn’t matter much now since we’re waiting again from the start of the quarter.

The only benefit was at the end of the quarter when they were still trying to deliver cars out as quickly as possible. Fremont has the highest chance of getting a match before their production line is retooled for overseas builds. Basically all of us that had VINs assigned, and then later had them disappear, were too far for them to make their delivery deadline. Those VINs were reassigned to whoever that could pick it up the quickest in the area. Doesn’t matter much now since we’re waiting again from the start of the quarter.

thanks, good to know...I'll just keep mine at SR then

Fyi Tesla Australia has called all the Aussies who had ordered m3P since Nov and informed them there will be no shipments of M3P Q1 and expect them late May/June as China is only making SR+ and LR this quarter.. Some people had P on order since Nov 8 month wait! . With RHD models now coming from China this should open up Freemont for some more local stock.

hello waiting room. im new here. replacing my wifes car with model 3 performance. i myself have a bmw m2. we ordered in late december and have the dreaded feb-march delivery date. hopefully it comes in time for whenever tesla corsa's first event this year is scheduled!! also hoping for those zero g wheels to come on usdm performances, the turbine wheels seem like a pain to clean.

What is the expected consumption at 80 to 90 mph? Just took at 2000 mile road trip and I averaged about 340 wh/mile, but I’m on aftermarket 19x9 et32 245/40/19 Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ rubber

That seems about right. At those speeds aero losses will be pretty dominant, so the % impact of your tires will be less substantial than at lower speeds.

With minimal heat use I'd expect 310-350Wh/mi at 80-90mph. Which gives about 200-mile range (max) - obviously on a road trip you'll only be getting about 150 miles between charges, if you're optimizing.

Exactly what one would expect.

That seems about right. At those speeds aero losses will be pretty dominant, so the % impact of your tires will be less substantial than at lower speeds.

With minimal heat use I'd expect 310-350Wh/mi at 80-90mph. Which gives about 200-mile range (max) - obviously on a road trip you'll only be getting about 150 miles between charges, if you're optimizing.

Exactly what one would expect.
Good to hear, I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting worse range than expected. It was between 40 and 60 most of the time, so minor heat use as well. We found an easy 10 to 20 percent improvement by following large pickup trucks and suvs at a follow distance of 1 on autopilot

I just dropped my car off at the service center today - off to a body shop to repair the dented trunk it was delivered with. Sounds like they’re going to fix the dent then sand and repaint the trunk. ‘Enjoying’ my Uber vouchers until I get the car back (ETA Friday) - very inconvenient as that was my only car.

The service guy told me that they’re doing tons of dent/damage repairs right now on the 4Q cars that were rushed out the door.

Reactions: Doggiedog
LOL just had my SA email me out of the blue for the first time in a month. "Hey! How's it going? We think your car will be here late February!"

As if everything is going great, no mention of delay etc after promising a December delivery.

I, politely as possible as I know he is powerless, gave him a piece of my mind. Tesla comms are a joke as usual.

Does anyone know if there is a huge difference between a model y performance and a model 3 performance in terms of speed and feel of the drive?

I test drove a model y performance and was not impressed and I didn’t feel that the extra money for performance was worth it, not even close. This is making me reconsider taking delivery of my performance 3 - instead might just use that extra 8k to get a model s or a LR model 3.
Did you note how much battery you had on your test drive. I feel a very noticable differance under 80%. So much so I keep it charged at 100%. So I can actually enjoy the "performance".

I just dropped my car off at the service center today - off to a body shop to repair the dented trunk it was delivered with. Sounds like they’re going to fix the dent then sand and repaint the trunk. ‘Enjoying’ my Uber vouchers until I get the car back (ETA Friday) - very inconvenient as that was my only car.

The service guy told me that they’re doing tons of dent/damage repairs right now on the 4Q cars that were rushed out the door.

Took my car in for repairs as well as delivery. The trunk alignment on the passenger side was off by a lot. Also, had some insulation issues and dirty trim. When I was leaving in the Uber, the driver took a different route than I normally take. We passed by a lot that must have had 50 or so Teslas of all types without plates. I wonder what they were for though. Trade ins?