Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 1/1/21 LR S order switched a while back "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date" I have held off since the original order date to put in my financing information as I have had my credit pulled up to 4X in previous orders but decided to update that portion today. My credit is frozen so Tesla Financing won't be able to check until I unfreeze so I expect a call sometime soon to do that.

ED3494CD-4850-47BE-BC03-7CE7B860E29B.jpeg

My 1/1/21 LR S order switched a while back "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date" I have held off since the original order date to put in my financing information as I have had my credit pulled up to 4X in previous orders but decided to update that portion today. My credit is frozen so Tesla Financing won't be able to check until I unfreeze so I expect a call sometime soon to do that.

I'm in the same predicament. I'll be financing my LR and I know I'm good for the Bank Draft, but they expire after 60 days, and as we're all seeing, I don't think I'm going to have my Tesla before then. I don't want any more hard credit pulls because I've been on a mission to obtain an 850 beacon just to priove it can be done (I have issues. I KNOW). I've told my SE my thoughts and haven't heard back from him since it's his job to walk me through the entire process of getting things in line on my account. A little more fuel on the fire is that they just sent me a trade in offer on my Hellcat and it's actually not that bad. I could get a couple of grand more, but the thought of just driving the Hellcat to the dealership, throwing them the keys, and hopping in my new LR sounds incredibly convenient so I was going to do it..... until I read the stipulation that I don't put more than 1,000 miles on the car before I trade it in. Well, IF I HAD AN ACCURATE DELIVEY DATE I COULD FIGURE THAT OUT :rolleyes:. I just find it funny that their automated trade-in workflow isn't actually connected tot he inventory status piece of the puzzle. It is what it is. I'll just keep waiting patiently, and hope the resale value of the Hellcat doesn't fall off a cliff in the next few months :p

With test cars just getting spotted, does anybody here have an idea how far out is regular production??? Is it even possible for customer deliveries to start in April? Thx.
Sure. Anything is possible. I would actually expect deliveries to happen before end of April so they can say they're "delivering cars" when they speak on their Q1 earnings call, which will be end of April. Of course, investors would be 100% fine if Elon said "we're still working on making it the best f'ing car ever and won't start deliveries until May..." Institutional investors seem much more patient than us buyers!

Same logic would be deliver 1-2 this quarter so they can say deliveries started in Q1 as promised with ramp up in Q2 like stated. Really I think that is what was initially said, just our delivery estimates gave expectations of more March deliveries than his actual statements.

Reactions: elguapo
I'm in the same boat. Ordered several months ago (Model S LR Black/Black FSD option) and my delivery date changed from 1-22Mar to simply March. And we're running out of "March" pretty quick!! I'm thinking closer to April/May timeframe. This is my first Tesla so I'm excited to see/drive it.
I ordered my MS LR a couple of weeks ago and I've never even sat inside a Tesla 😄 I saw the look, saw the specs, saw the tech. I'm rolling the dice but I'm excited, not nervous.

I ordered my MS LR a couple of weeks ago and I've never even sat inside a Tesla 😄 I saw the look, saw the specs, saw the tech. I'm rolling the dice but I'm excited, not nervous.
You'll love it, no need to be nervous...
My first time in a Tesla was a Model S test drive in 2019. When I got home, I went on Tesla's site straight to 'existing inventory.' Several days later, I found a low-mileage P100D and traded in my Porsche SUV. I've owned many cars so far: 4 Porsches (all were turbos,) a CLS 63, E63, 2 M5s, Audi S8, a Viper etc. My P100D would roast all of em and my favorite car so far. Now patiently waiting for a plaid

You'll love it, no need to be nervous...
My first time in a Tesla was a Model S test drive in 2019. When I got home, I went on Tesla's site straight to 'existing inventory.' Several days later, I found a low-mileage P100D and traded in my Porsche SUV. I've owned many cars so far: 4 Porsches (all were turbos,) a CLS 63, E63, 2 M5s, Audi S8, a Viper etc. My P100D would roast all of em and my favorite car so far. Now patiently waiting for a plaid

Drew, that makes me feel A LOT Better. I've had an 800WHP Lightning, built E55AMG, worked CTS-V, and now the Hellcat. I love speed, and really love torque, hence every ride has been a blown engine. You're getting me giggly over here!

Reactions: Drew-MS
Drew, that makes me feel A LOT Better. I've had an 800WHP Lightning, built E55AMG, worked CTS-V, and now the Hellcat. I love speed, and really love torque, hence every ride has been a blown engine. You're getting me giggly over here!
I look forward to your review after your first drive. It's gonna be a crazy car for sure.
You should watch some test rides videos of the Roadster event back in 2017. Same tri-motor plaid, and performance is probably similar .

Model S Waiting Room is now discussing tires. It would be nice to be able to focus on S delivery information and updates.
My S order info. Ordered S Performance late October 2020. Held delivery intentionally until March 2021. Confirmed order with refresh plaid within 48 hours of announcement. Had a 2/15 to 3/15 delivery on order page. RN 1140. Now shows no delivery date. No VIN. Looking to see if using this info can create baselines. WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KEEP ANY POSTED INFORMATION ON DELIVERY. Not, tires, rockets, rims, range, or anything else than is not about a persons order or informations that is directly related to model s delivery information.

Model S Waiting Room is now discussing tires. It would be nice to be able to focus on S delivery information and updates.
My S order info. Ordered S Performance late October 2020. Held delivery intentionally until March 2021. Confirmed order with refresh plaid within 48 hours of announcement. Had a 2/15 to 3/15 delivery on order page. RN 1140. Now shows no delivery date. No VIN. Looking to see if using this info can create baselines. WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KEEP ANY POSTED INFORMATION ON DELIVERY. Not, tires, rockets, rims, range, or anything else than is not about a persons order or informations that is directly related to model s delivery information.
I respect that, but there is no delivery info and there won’t be for a while. So you may want to stay off this thread if it bugs you that much. Everyone is just trying to stay busy and have fun. Chill.