Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to this site, sign up for notifications. I get an email every couple of days with new vehicles coming on line at Tesla dealers. For me it's helpful to see how much I'll be able to sell my 2018 for when my Plaid arrives. You can always refresh their site and get instant info.

Thank you!

On another note… Wtf. I just got a date range of April 20- May 18.

Seriously, Tesla?

Can someone please share the link to the spreadsheet order tracker.

Thanks

Also, PSA for all: once you post six times, you will be able to add a signature to your posts. Add your order details including delivery location there so it’s easily available to all when you become a VINner.

Hi All,

New here. I ordered a Model X awhile go (like most folks here). Have been getting messages and phone calls from Tesla to get ready for my delivery (see below):
View attachment 767703
Here is the spec:
View attachment 767704

The issue is that I needed a car sooner and I don't really need a 2nd car. I am reaching out to see if anyone would want to have this reservation transferred for a nominal fee (open to suggestions). Please let me know. Thank you.

Nav
Where in NY are scheduled to take delivery?
Does it have a specific date?

Crazy idea..

Instead of everyone spamming their EDD, add it to a single database 😄

Protip: Sort by "Checkin" date to see who has recently updated their info.
Thank you for the reminder! EDD's change so often I forgot what was in the sheet...

Reactions: studioloft
Leave them alone. You get 10 pages of people saying their EDD pushed another month, 10 pages of replies saying theirs didn't, some replies likes yours saying who cares, then another 20 pages of replies saying they care about all those replies, then another 10 pages of replies saying their EDD got pushed from the 10 pages of replies who said theirs didn't yesterday.

And those who's EDDs keep jumping back and fourth between October and NOW...back to October....and then back to NOW. I only just ordered my Plaid.

Hi All,

New here. I ordered a Model X awhile go (like most folks here). Have been getting messages and phone calls from Tesla to get ready for my delivery (see below):
View attachment 767703
Here is the spec:
View attachment 767704

The issue is that I needed a car sooner and I don't really need a 2nd car. I am reaching out to see if anyone would want to have this reservation transferred for a nominal fee (open to suggestions). Please let me know. Thank you.

Nav

This is so tempting... what is your total price? and where are you taking delivery?

Where in NY are scheduled to take delivery?
Does it have a specific date?
The delivery will in Brooklyn, Red Hook and the dates are Feb. 13 to Feb 19 (estimated) but it's really soon from what I was being told.

1644595580632.png

Go to this site, sign up for notifications. I get an email every couple of days with new vehicles coming on line at Tesla dealers. For me it's helpful to see how much I'll be able to sell my 2018 for when my Plaid arrives. You can always refresh their site and get instant info.

Yikes!! Crazy mark ups!

1644596227320.png

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
your order is Plaid which is in a league of its own right now.... There's no use in comparing with LR orders.... Tesla is prioritizing higher margin orders.... Some people ordered Plaids a month or so ago and got date ranges or VINs already. whereas some LR people who ordered over a year ago have nothing.

And some ordered Plaids a year ago and still don't have VINs.

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino
This is alarming on so many levels.

The fact that someone is willing to alter THE most critical user-interface to a 3rd party after-market model, of which is not approved or tested by Tesla OR the NHTSA is frightening.

Not only is this extremely dangerous to the driver but to others on the road that may be injured when this custom-mod fails.

Warranty - Try taking your Tesla into the service center. If your SC explicitly follows the warranty policy you have just voided the warranty for the life of the car.

Insurance - If your insurance company found out about this they would drop your policy.

Liability - If you're in an accident and the other party found the car had a wheel modification this could be enough to tip the at-fault scale.
There’s an entire website whose name aptly describes my response to even the THOUGHT of this yoke-replacement mod.
Waitbutwhy.com

(Website has nothing to do with this mod. Purely relevant for its name lol)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: studioloft
Interesting discussion on the battery packs. The Munro deep dive of the Tesla refreshed battery pack at around 6:30 they talk about using the smaller cells for heat management especially when running on Track Mode. Unless there's something that makes a larger cell like the 4680 capable of better thermal management while under higher energy consumption, we'll probably not see it for a while.

They also go into detail about the pack configuration and improvements of chemistry around the 12 minute mark.

I think the question is what my purchase price is lol seems like the lower margin is pushed back in the line. Hence the delivery's of people who ordered q3 & q4.
higher margin = " pRioRity LiSt"
@Stro, can we add a purchase price column to the spreadsheet? It would provide a clear view as to whether or not highest price LR & Plaids are only getting built and delivered.

Granted some may not want to put in their purchase price for privacy reasons and I respect that but it would to help the cause... I've mentioned my purchase price in other posts. $87K.

Data does not lie... We can't accuse Tesla of screwing over 2020 and early pre increase order holders unless we have the data to back it up IMHO.

Reactions: niogyn and lexus26