Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our stock ownership today has really not much to do with the S and X, and almost everything to do with the Y and 3. And the Tesla solar. And especially the Tesla energy biz. And the Tesla battery biz. And the... nev mind you get what I'm saying.
It says everything about Tesla's ability to reliably deliver a complete, blemish-free product. If they can't do that on one of their flagship models, then I don't expect that they can do it at all.

I get that a lot of folks don't care about that, but I do.

It says everything about Tesla's ability to reliably deliver a complete, blemish-free product. If they can't do that on one of their flagship models, then I don't expect that they can do it at all.

They seem to be doing this much better with the Y and the 3. And they sell 10 of those for every S and X.

Reactions: tibook and Yakkodot
Love the car. Except wind noise at high speed 85 mph, probably from the A pillars.

Is that normal?

Attachments

• AF4A42B3-F2BB-484D-9EC4-E999AFB5CA16.jpeg
    AF4A42B3-F2BB-484D-9EC4-E999AFB5CA16.jpeg
    749 KB · Views: 135
  • 8F1A15EE-4D20-4028-9E72-2C54961A42BC.jpeg
    8F1A15EE-4D20-4028-9E72-2C54961A42BC.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 81
  • E59EFC72-1685-47C6-A2F1-59F2BCACD471.jpeg
    E59EFC72-1685-47C6-A2F1-59F2BCACD471.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Guys, this is just not happening. Please let this rumor die. I ordered (LR) shortly after the initial announcement and I've rejected multiple now.

How many have you refused? May I ask how long between each delivery?

Is insurance and payment only due at time of delivery or do you need to do this before getting the delivery apt? I always pay ahead as I have been ambitious.

The reason I am asking.. The odds of receiving a 100% truly perfect MX are slim. I am tempted to order a second MX just to have a backup incase someone hits me and totals my car again. Worst case, I am out $250 and someone else gets their car earlier. Best case, at the current trend I refuse delivery 3-4 times in the next 8 years and accept my 2030 model MX when im ready for an upgrade lol (meta;satire)

How many have you refused? May I ask how long between each delivery?

Is insurance and payment only due at time of delivery or do you need to do this before getting the delivery apt? I always pay ahead as I have been ambitious.

The reason I am asking.. The odds of receiving a 100% truly perfect MX are slim. I am tempted to order a second MX just to have a backup incase someone hits me and totals my car again. Worst case, I am out $250 and someone else gets their car earlier. Best case, at the current trend I refuse delivery 3-4 times in the next 8 years and accept my 2030 model MX when im ready for an upgrade lol (meta;satire)
Have rejected 2. First wait was about a month. Insurance needs to be valid at time of delivery. 100% do NOT pay ahead of time. They make it seem like you need to do this, but you absolutely do not. Wait until you can verify that the car looks good, and then open the app while you're standing there and push the payment forward.

They tried to raise the price of my Tesla roof by about 75% and I just refused to accept that. Ultimately they were forced by a law suit (not mine) to install the roofs at the agreed price. They have occasionally just never delivered specific versions of cars, I think standard range Model 3s if I remember correctly. I don't remember Tesla ever refusing to deliver cars because you were paying too little compared to the current price.

They didn't even try to raise mine. They just canceled. My vacation home has a simple a-frame roof. Its as simple as you can get for a tile install. Since they claim they were raising prices due to roof complexity, they couldn't use that excuse on mine so they didn't even try.

At this point, who cares.
I care. I don't want a car that was manufactured 4 months ago, sitting in a dirt lot with dust everyday, and sun on the car (I garage my cars). Most important, the battery. They are not designed to sit for months with no charge cycling. BMS needs miles on the car to operate properly. Who knows what the long term battery health is.

And for some, resale value on a 22 is better vs a comparable 21.

That's my people care and reject.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. Using the same logic, you'd advise me to take equity of my house that I paid off years and put that in the market as well. I already have enough of my networth in the market. I don't need to put 100% into that risk level.
Apples to oranges. Taking equity in your house is different than spending cash you already have in your pocket.

you can get a loan for 1.35%, you don't need to put it in equity markets and still beat that and be ahead tax adjusted.
Totally agree with the financing proponents. Unfortunately, I fear that by the time we got this damn car, rates will creep up. They will still be the better option, they won't be as good as they are now.

The car can come with 2 wheels at this point and I'm riding that mf off the lot 😂
Same here. First I'll punch a bunch of 0 to 150's, snag some highway 2, and then some Beta on the way back. Then Spectra Photosync that mf STARSHIP if no exterior issues. Although I heard there is more of an UV blocking application on refresh then legacy. Then I'll take my chances with the SC and figure out any more add ons, PPF and such later.