Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just called me to let me know they can’t deliver my MX tomorrow because the trade-in paperwork hasn’t been received internally yet. Her best estimate for my delivery is now Wednesday. I asked if I could swing by to inspect it anyway. She asked “why? It’s perfect!” I told her I had friends that had had theirs delivered with missing parts, cracked windshields, panel gaps, etc. She replied , “panel gaps are normal. I’d they are 5mm or less, it’s within spec.” I told her I had my own spec and I would reject anything I decided didn’t meet my standards. She said that “only 2 in 4” teslas come with issues. She quickly corrected herself to say 1 in 10. Kept telling me to not worry. That the car was perfect. Now my wait continues.
next Wed u will see a 2021 MX with diff VIN u were promised, inches of gaps, cracked windshield, chipped/scratched paint, broken headlight, broken inverter, misaligned frunk/trunk, broken seat brackets, oil/ripped seats, no interior door handles, 1 keyfob, etc. etc. - just ur "Stro"be of luck

Tesla just called me to let me know they can’t deliver my MX tomorrow because the trade-in paperwork hasn’t been received internally yet. Her best estimate for my delivery is now Wednesday. I asked if I could swing by to inspect it anyway. She asked “why? It’s perfect!” I told her I had friends that had had theirs delivered with missing parts, cracked windshields, panel gaps, etc. She replied , “panel gaps are normal. I’d they are 5mm or less, it’s within spec.” I told her I had my own spec and I would reject anything I decided didn’t meet my standards. She said that “only 2 in 4” teslas come with issues. She quickly corrected herself to say 1 in 10. Kept telling me to not worry. That the car was perfect. Now my wait continues.
SA: Your car is perfect!
Stro: Can I see it?
SA: (Whispers to someone in the background) He says he wants to see it, what do I do?
Someone in background: Hang up!

They said mine should arrive Raleigh by Mar 1st, so they scheduled me for Mar 5th 11:30 AM, may be both of our Plaids are on the same truck! You can call Raleigh Sales number to know the exact ETA on yours and in fact schedule a tentative delivery appointment. I first scheduled for Mar 2nd that way and than the next day I received a text message saying based on my shipment ETA (Mar 1st) they need to reschedule it for Mar 5th but if it arrives early they will let me know!
Whats the Raleigh sales #? The number on google goes right to the call center

Seems legit

Attachments

• 7B45BB40-BB03-4DA1-8E47-A607AAF03BA2.jpeg
    7B45BB40-BB03-4DA1-8E47-A607AAF03BA2.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 110
1645225654847.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: cjkosh and Stro
SA: Your car is perfect!
Stro: Can I see it?
SA: (Whispers to someone in the background) He says he wants to see it, what do I do?
Someone in background: Hang up!
Stro: i still want to see the car.
SA: ok fine, the car has panel gaps, cracked windshield and missing parts and lots more. Only 1 in 10 tesla are made perfect and your car is not. Do you still want the car or do you want to wait till July?
Stro: As long as it looks like Model x i am fine. I will take it.

That's me :)
(although I firmly believe that the 6 seat is an upgrade in utility from the 7 seat)
Our family has kids (8, 10, and 13) and getting in and out of the back with 7 seats is a pain in the butt. The gap in the middle makes for loading kids so much easier. Granted, loading STUFF is not nearly as useful, but we load kids just about every drive and load stuff very infrequently.

$0.02

Same here. 4 kids from 2-9. The X will be our only ride and family hauler (been a 1 car family for years). Yes, we will be losing some utility coming from a Honda Odyssey. 😉

Reactions: Denglehenjiule
Ok.... So I thought my Rivian was plan B but due to the possible CarMax price for my 2017 Ford Explorer I've decided to grab the cash and stick it into a Model Y till Model X arrives. When the X arrives the equity I put into the Y will transfer to the MX as a trade in. View attachment 770995
I swear to God these Tesla Advisors are the team that can’t shoot straight. I went to the service center to ask a few questions and perhaps look at the Model Y I just put a $500 deposit down on. The Tesla advisor set me down and said he could answer any and all questions that I had. Ask questions about how long it would take for them to process the car in order for me to close on the sale, I asked where was the car in hopes that I could take a look at it.

The Tesla advisor looking at the order said “this car has full self driving, do you want full self driving?“ And I said actually no I do not. And he said “no problem, I’ll take that off for you. That will save you $12,000.“ I was Ecstatic, I was always under the impression that once FSD was attached it could not be removed.

And as the old expression goes don’t count your chickens until they hatch. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Only moments ago I received a call from a Tesla advisor from Fremont headquarters asking if I had any questions about the used Model Y I put a deposit down on. I told him I’d like to have a clear understanding of how long it would take to sort out the paperwork in order to finalize the sale. I told him I was concerned it was taking all day to get a trade-in offer amount, for it was much quicker when I ordered my model X which I was still waiting for after a year. Lastly I asked how long will it take to process removing FST and reflecting the new price minus $12,000.

The Tesla advisor on the phone went silent. Then he stated firmly “we do not remove FSD from vehicles for which it’s been attached”. And I told him I was under the same impression but his colleague informed me that he personally was putting in the request to remove FSD. We went round and round and round on how it isn’t the customers fault when the employee introduces the idea of removing FSD and the customer agrees to it. I explained I never asked for FSD to be removed, the idea was presented by the Tesla advisor and I watched him type out something to get the ball rolling to remove FSD.

After giving me the Stonewall over and over and over again I asked him to look at my order and to see if the advisor who I sat with made any request for changes in notes. He said there were notes which stated “get trade in evaluation, remove FSD and check on supercharger referral points”. I explain to him that I’m not the one that typed those notes, it was a Tesla employee. He told me FSD was being removed, $12,000 was coming off the cost of my used model Y. Again the advisor said it’s impossible to remove FSD, and I stated that’s not my problem. If you don’t remove FSD I don’t care but you will reduce the price of the car by $12,000 as agreed to in my conversation with your colleague. Flip the switch don’t flip the switch doesn’t bother me but you are reducing the price.

He stated he would escalate it up to a senior manager. I said please do and I want you to include the name of the associate who I spoke with, his complete notes. And your notes on this call.

To be honest, they’re not going to reduce the price. The car will still have FSD on it. And I will be even angrier over an entirely new car like I have been for the model X. My wife has been telling me, we need to cut bait with Tesla and just buy another regular car. Not sure how this will play out in the end.

You know the funny thing is that they probably all feel this way.... They are probably ignorant to the issues, and if that's the case its sad because it means things aren't going to change any time soon... They have just gotten extremely arrogant as a whole at this point.

Reactions: Elixir
Oh man, they Stro’d you.

Hang in there buddy. Good things come to those who wait …on TMC.

I swear to God these Tesla Advisors are the team that can’t shoot straight. I went to the service center to ask a few questions and perhaps look at the Model Y I just put a $500 deposit down on. The Tesla advisor set me down and said he could answer any and all questions that I had. Ask questions about how long it would take for them to process the car in order for me to close on the sale, I asked where was the car in hopes that I could take a look at it.

The Tesla advisor looking at the order said “this car has full self driving, do you want full self driving?“ And I said actually no I do not. And he said “no problem, I’ll take that off for you. That will save you $12,000.“ I was Ecstatic, I was always under the impression that once FSD was attached it could not be removed.

And as the old expression goes don’t count your chickens until they hatch. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Only moments ago I received a call from a Tesla advisor from Fremont headquarters asking if I had any questions about the used Model Y I put a deposit down on. I told him I’d like to have a clear understanding of how long it would take to sort out the paperwork in order to finalize the sale. I told him I was concerned it was taking all day to get a trade-in offer amount, for it was much quicker when I ordered my model X which I was still waiting for after a year. Lastly I asked how long will it take to process removing FST and reflecting the new price minus $12,000.

The Tesla advisor on the phone went silent. Then he stated firmly “we do not remove FSD from vehicles for which it’s been attached”. And I told him I was under the same impression but his colleague informed me that he personally was putting in the request to remove FSD. We went round and round and round on how it isn’t the customers fault when the employee introduces the idea of removing FSD and the customer agrees to it. I explained I never asked for FSD to be removed, the idea was presented by the Tesla advisor and I watched him type out something to get the ball rolling to remove FSD.

After giving me the Stonewall over and over and over again I asked him to look at my order and to see if the advisor who I sat with made any request for changes in notes. He said there were notes which stated “get trade in evaluation, remove FSD and check on supercharger referral points”. I explain to him that I’m not the one that typed those notes, it was a Tesla employee. He told me FSD was being removed, $12,000 was coming off the cost of my used model Y. Again the advisor said it’s impossible to remove FSD, and I stated that’s not my problem. If you don’t remove FSD I don’t care but you will reduce the price of the car by $12,000 as agreed to in my conversation with your colleague. Flip the switch don’t flip the switch doesn’t bother me but you are reducing the price.

He stated he would escalate it up to a senior manager. I said please do and I want you to include the name of the associate who I spoke with, his complete notes. And your notes on this call.

To be honest, they’re not going to reduce the price. The car will still have FSD on it. And I will be even angrier over an entirely new car like I have been for the model X. My wife has been telling me, we need to cut bait with Tesla and just buy another regular car. Not sure how this will play out in the end.
After Tesla called me, I drove to my local BMW dealership. I asked to see the X7 and they had zero in stock. I asked for an X6. They had one in stock but used. They did have two X5s but meh. I asked how long it would take to get one here if I ordered one right now. He said “unlike Tesla, our estimates are accurate. And it’d be here within 5 months.” I almost gave him my money.

If my MX has defects, I’m done with Tesla.

Stro: i still want to see the car.
SA: ok fine, the car has panel gaps, cracked windshield and missing parts and lots more. Only 1 in 10 tesla are made perfect and your car is not. Do you still want the car or do you want to wait till July?
SA: i cant guarantee that. The panel gaps are so huge that you dont need to open doors to get in and did i mention that the missing parts is actually battery pack ?
Stro: damn. its still fine. i want the car and will schedule service appointment. how long does it take to fix this ?
SA: thats good boy. You are our priority since you ACCEPTED the car and we will fix all these by Mid july.

Botton line Tesla always wins. Enjoy the weeekend guys :)

After Tesla called me, I drove to my local BMW dealership. I asked to see the X7 and they had zero in stock. I asked for an X6. They had one in stock but used. They did have two X5s but meh. I asked how long it would take to get one here if I ordered one right now. He said “unlike Tesla, our estimates are accurate. And it’d be here within 5 months.” I almost gave him my money.

I drive an X5 right now and I'm thinking really hard not to pull the trigger on iX

Reactions: jbrowdy

Not if it's a VW or a Porsche.

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1