Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOA really is still using the radar on S/X. Or can non-Beta on 3/Y max to 90?
From what I've read, yes. My M3 had radar still as it's a 2018 and I could do 90. I still can with this X. I've read new 3s and Ys could not as it's vision AI only. But maybe someone here can confirm?

Hi, another Tesla victim waiting in Houston for a LR MX.
So you know, I ordered end of March 2021, got a VIN on November 30, lost it December 1st... My EDD has been a "window range" since mid January... every time I get to the "window" in moves again 2-3 weeks forward (it has happened 2 times already). Right now it is March 5 to March 31st... so... I do not know what to expect.
My guess is that EDD means nothing . I hope I am wrong.

Hope we are lucky in the following weeks...
Unfortunately, you're correct: it means nothing until you get a VIN. I never had a range but a solid "April" until a VIN appeared if that tells you anything.

@verygreen with another scoop.

Round wheel seems like it's coming.

Attachments

• download_20220223_200809.png
    download_20220223_200809.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 107
do we have someone here that actually drives the refreshed X for MORE than 2 months and coming from another luxury car?
if yes, does the wait actually worth it?

the question is not towards the ones who got it recently because euphoria is still in play and not to those coming from a 1997 Subaru which for them chevy volt would be luxury.

trying to get an honest opinion since I find myself more and more looking at other cars

do we have someone here that actually drives the refreshed X for MORE than 2 months and coming from another luxury car?

the question is not towards the ones who got it recently because euphoria is still in play and not to those coming from a 1997 Subaru which for them chevy volt would be luxury.

trying to get an honest opinion since I find myself more and more looking at other cars
I believe most MX buyers can afford or own/owned other "luxury" cars from other brand.

Tesla called me today to check on me. No one has ever called to check on me before. They asked how my experience was going and I told them great. That my only complaint was that my mobile service appointment had been changed from 2/28 to March 12 but on-site now which is inconvenient. I told them about my issues including the update being stuck on download.

Fast forward a few hours and I now have an update but it wouldn’t install. It wouldn’t give me a reason such as “disable sentry mode” but nada. So I walked up to the car and got inside to see the message “Unable to start the update Because one or both of the falcon wind doors was open…” I got out to check both doors and they were closed. I opened each one and closed it again and it worked for the update to start.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a sensor issue or do the doors sometime not close correctly?

Reactions: zapparino and retco
How is the steering? I didn’t mean cruise control. How does it respond to other cars? Does it try to avoid accidents? Does it see pedestrians?
I generally am not using cruise control where pedestrians may be crossing the street. I use it on highways and sometimes local streets, but only areas where I am trying not to get a speeding ticket. I can’t honestly say if it would avoid a pedestrian.

That said, it is extremely good at the basics, which is what I really care about: going the speed I want it to go and slowing down when a car in front of me slows down.

Reactions: neo1738 and Elixir

C’mon man. You’re in a six-fig car forum. If you want to do the “research,” scroll back and your answers are there. The main problem is the wait. It’s up to you to decide how to proceed. I read your post as pretty condescending and lazy. Everyone here is fortunate to be in his/her position, and not driving 1997 Subs.

Tesla called me today to check on me. No one has ever called to check on me before.
Are you calling all of us out? For the last year, we give and give and give while you taunted us with your false EDDs and VINs and Delivery Dates. Meanwhile, so many of us continue to experience carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking the refresh button on our order pages while you throw firmware update failures and mobile service rescheduling for your new X in our faces.

We care! We always have. But now, we have to live with the guilt that when you got your X … you’re dead to us now. 🤓