Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no stalk, only yoke ha. Turning the wheel disengages all of AP unfortunately.
I have yet to figure out how to turn on just cruise control without anything else. I knew how with my M3 but no stalk.

Did you see any other MX for deliveries? Did anyone there have any info on when the production will ramp up?
Yes. There were at least 5 other MXs ready for delivery. ALL of them were white. I had the only 22" wheel MX that I saw. Most were white interior as well.

I have yet to figure out how to turn on just cruise control without anything else. I knew how with my M3 but no stalk.

Yes. There were at least 5 other MXs ready for delivery. ALL of them were white. I had the only 22" wheel MX that I saw. Most were white interior as well.
There’s a setting in autopilot menu for one or two clicks for autopilot. If you have it set for one click, there’s no way to do cruise control - it goes straight to navigate on autopilot. If you change it to two, one click does cruise control, two clicks does navigate on autopilot.

In my wife’s MYLR, I do not think CC is impacted when changing lanes. Just AP. Once you get in the next lane, re-engage AP. Maybe MX is different.

For what’s it worth. This is my 3rd rail. I constantly complain about this. I feel having the ability to change lanes keeping AP engaged should be included in basic AP. I am fine with auto lane change being exclusive to FSD.

Reactions: jbrowdy and coco135
My educated guess based on the data we have is that they moved everyone to July to minimize the 'EDD jump' we were experiencing every month. We've already seen quite a bit of folks in the last week get a VIN even though they had July. I got my VIN earlier this month when my EDD said April (a few days before it jumped to July I believe). So there is hope you'll get yours BEFORE July. But again, this is a 'guess' and not an official Tesla comment.

EDIT: I would add that the current average wait time is 13 months. So, if you ordered in July 2021 for example, I wouldn't bet getting it before July unless production ramps up. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that everyone as of today, will get theirs after an 11-13 month wait.
So far we have seen no activity in the five/seven seat realm. So if anyone anywhere, takes delivery on a five or seven, that would help too.

I've got a 2018 Model 3 Peformance and a 2020 Taycan Turbo. Even with the radar the Taycan is much smoother in stop/go traffic on the highway.

Owners who have vision only are reporting chronic phantom braking.
It's too early to cut this over... get the software right then change the hardware.
No amount of right software can see through dense fog without radar.

EDIT: I would add that the current average wait time is 13 months. So, if you ordered in July 2021 for example, I wouldn't bet getting it before July unless production ramps up. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that everyone as of today, will get theirs after an 11-13 month wait.
Based on the stats, Jan and Feb 21 have 2X more orders than the following months. So my guess is that the wait time will be shorter soon after March. And if production ramps up okay, it would cut the wait time even further.

I've never had a Tesla... how hard is it to reset the speed and autopilot? can you just hit resume or is it multiple clicks?
You can set the autopilot to come on with one or two clicks of the right thumb wheel on the yoke. I have mine set to one so all I have to do is push in on the thumb wheel and autopilot comes on. It gives an audible alert and you can see it on the display so you know it’s on.

So does that mean that you have to reset the cc speed every time you change lanes, if you are also using auto pilot?
You can set the autopilot to come on with one or two clicks of the right thumb wheel on the yoke. I have mine set to one so all I have to do is push in on the thumb wheel and autopilot comes on. It gives an audible alert and you can see it on the display so you know it’s on.
And to add to this, to adjust the speed up or down, just scroll the right-sided wheel up or down once in AP mode.

No amount of right software can see through dense fog without radar.
Well, that's what I thought too. But us lay men in this area are basing everything we know on our eyes and what our video cameras show us. But this article is very enlightening. Tesla is doing 3D imaging and can piece together elements that it learns from visual view of the fog.

In fact, just 10 days ago, I drove through really thick fog. As I hit the fog the FSDbeta 80mph limit dropped to 60mph with a caution note of fog on screen lowering my speed to 60. I was barely comfortable with that as I was barely able to see a truck way in the distance, but only a basic outline of the rear. Apparently the cameras saw that too. And so I left it on 60mph and then as fog cleared, it climbed back to 80. So, the car is trained on fog, somehow.

Admittedly, some of this article is out of my comfort zone. But I learned a bit about 3D imaging and how Tesla is using it. Only pieces of the view are needed. Take a read, and good summary in last 3 paragraphs. I learned something, maybe you will too. I did read it 3x.

Interesting thing on my EDD date ... as of 2 weeks ago it slipped from "Estimated Delivery: March" to "Estimated Delivery: April". However, I just looked at it today, and it now says "Estimated Delivery: March 5 - March 30".

View attachment 773000

Notable that:

1. This is the first time since I ordered (1/28/2021) that the delivery date hasn't been just a month name, but now includes actual days/dates as well.
2. This is also the first time since I ordered that the EDD moved backwards (was estimated April, now March).

I still do not have a VIN.

I don't put a lot of stock into this, as I don't put a lot of stock into anything Tesla tells me just on general principal. But it's interesting nonetheless.
Hi, another Tesla victim waiting in Houston for a LR MX.
So you know, I ordered end of March 2021, got a VIN on November 30, lost it December 1st... My EDD has been a "window range" since mid January... every time I get to the "window" in moves again 2-3 weeks forward (it has happened 2 times already). Right now it is March 5 to March 31st... so... I do not know what to expect.
My guess is that EDD means nothing . I hope I am wrong.

Hope we are lucky in the following weeks...