Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now the truth comes out...

They delayed my delivery 2 weeks to fix some scratches on the lift gate. I questioned why I can't take delivery and they can fix that after because I need the car. They said it was a safety issue and they can't ... well I'm supposed to pick up Saturday and I just got a call today that the truth is my windshield is cracked too and there's no ETA on when they'll be getting another one to replace it. So basically they were trying to cover up the windshield Crack and two it replaced in time but since they haven't gotten it yet they had to tell me the truth. So now my delivery is delayed indefinitely until they get a windshield. I really wanted the car but now I'm considering canceling all together. Tesla is literally garbage quality.

I picked up my plaid today. Other than the paint issues, misaligned panels (doors/frunk) and missing hardware. It is a great car.

I will schedule the first service later today. Hopefully they can fix the list of issues quickly.

The good news is the service center is getting so good at fixing issues - it should only take a day or two.
sounds like my X girlfriend. other than some mental issues, laziness and missing basic knowledge...she was great!

Just had my SA, Mike, call me from the local SC. They got my X in (2021 VIN 6 seater). They inspected the car and everything looks great except they were getting a 'Safety Restraint' error popping up and needs a part replaced. Initially they couldn't get it in until Monday, but Mike was able to speak to their leadership to expedite shipment to tonight. I've previously communicated to them that we're going out of town (road trip!) Sat AM. I should be able to pick up tomorrow!

Overall I've been pretty pleased with the level of service so far. The SA made it seem like they couldn't sell the car with this type of error, but he also wanted to ensure it was an excellent delivery experience. I'm also happy as it seems like they are proactively inspecting the car in depth.

I'll keep the group posted!
Are we supposed to be elated that Tesla is doing what is norm in the industry? Have Tesla set the standard low?

• Love
Reactions: 1pinhigh
Today I had my first 'bad' experience with the yoke. I was picking up some Chick-Fil-A for the kids and as I was exiting the parking lot area and turning, I accidentally honked at some young girls taking pictures in front of the building as I turned the yoke. They waved and the wife yelled, 'What the F....!?" I explained that I didn't mean to, but she didn't buy it. So, be careful folks. Yokes can potentially destroy marriages.

Today I had my first 'bad' experience with the yoke. I was picking up some Chick-Fil-A for the kids and as I was exiting the parking lot area and turning, I accidentally honked at some young girls taking pictures in front of the building as I turned the yoke. They waved and the wife yelled, 'What the F....!?" I explained that I didn't mean to, but she didn't buy it. So, be careful folks. Yokes can potentially destroy marriages.
If the wife didn't believe you, I think the yoke is the least of your problem.

...and you're left with "yoke" on you're face! :p

I'll see myself out....

37073DAC-7F0F-4B56-9C7B-C4F615E2EFF6.png
Now they updated the edd with ranges on order page! I don’t even have that range on my order. Still July. If you go with white/black 20” no FSD, the range is April 2023 - July 2023.

This Model X may very well be my last Tesla.

I have had a really good experience w/ my Volvo XC40. The range and performance isn't there yet

For now, Tesla is still the best in mind-melting performance for a reasonable price so here I am.

What manufacturers have worse customer service and product quality than Tesla?

My 2010, 2012, and 2018 Teslas were WAY better than what is happening now. I never went into any of those purchases expecting to reject the car but I am with this Model X. Product Quality has gone WAY down recently.

I strongly do not agree with your point of view! First off, you are complaining about Tesla, but you still agree that the range, performance, charging stations, etc. are TODAY the best - so quit belly aching... As they say: Walk the Talk - In this case, TODAY... you think the car is worth buying! In the future, perhaps other car manufacturers might surpass Tesla... who knows???

I do think my 2017 purchase was easier than my 2 cars that I bought in 2021... BUT, there were a lot less cars / people in 2017... I compare it to DELL in the 90's - Remember the personal customer service? Helping you with ANY software/hardware issues? Well, once they had millions of computers out in the world, the concept of personal customer service became exponentially impossible - I think Tesla will have to follow the same curve.

My experience with service (repairs, etc... ) over the past 4 years, has been pretty darn good - I don't want to say perfect, but way above average compared to my personal experiences over the years with Chevrolet, Porsche, Volvo, Toyota and Mercedes... (You are right, at Tesla, I don't get the German accent guy meeting me at the door - but then I have mobile service and a very easy way to schedule appointments through the APP.)

Is there room for improvement? ALWAYS! Does Tesla over hype its FSD? ABSOLUTELY! But I am proud of this American Company! It has created a product that the rest of the world is trying to copy! I am happy to buy my Tesla!