Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All rates went up across the board as the Fed raised interest rates a couple of weeks ago.... There will be a few more Fed rate hikes this year so rates will continue to go up. Next Fed meeting is May 3rd so I suggest folks to lock in rates before then or you will be paying an additional 25 basis points or so after that.
How long you can lock your rate is a question since many people still have to wait for few months. When I got approved for 2.74 with US Bank, it stated that application will be expired in 60 days and rate is 30 days

Hey guys, I'm seeing pink hue in by back up camera. This happens only when I park my car in the garage which has bright white lights (4000K). Tesla service told me that it is a known issue and the camera behaves this way in high contrast environments. It will be fixed via future software updates. Does anyone else havve this problem?

View attachment 790374
Light color temp causes a lot of cameras to have issues. I bet 5000-5300K lights would not have problems.

Reactions: W8ing4X
Just back from Florida. Picked up my X from my buddy Marcus (Mr. Detail - He is awesome). Matte Expel PPF, Ceramic Coating plus subtle tint. I couldn't be happier. Car looks great and drives fantastic.

Attachments

• PXL_20220405_155146762.jpg
    PXL_20220405_155146762.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 116
  • PXL_20220405_155128507.jpg
    PXL_20220405_155128507.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 90
  • PXL_20220405_155119737.jpg
    PXL_20220405_155119737.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 85
There certainly seems to be something about April 15. Got an update from my SA whom I have been hounding since my VIN was un-matched. He responded today saying there are some parts that they are waiting on that are expected around April 15. Seems like some interior trim pieces.
But that doesn't jive w/ what @zk19 said. Above they wrote that they saw 6-7 Refresh Xs ready to go but that an SA there said they were on hold. If it was a parts shortage they would have parked those cars in the field at the factory until the parts arrived. They wouldn't have sent them for delivery and then put them on hold. Something is up and it's not something they were able to catch at the factory. Hopefully for all of the already delivered Xs it's just software.

Tune in next week for more twists and turns!

Radar cruise control will plow straight into the side of a crossing semi though. This is a totally different approach and it’s not for those looking for a finished product.
How does a semi cross you on a highway? Changing lanes? I use radar cruise for it's most basic purpose: maintain speed and keep a specific distance between me and the car ahead of me. My Denali and my wife's BMW X5 both do it exceedingly well - even with other cars moving in and out of my lane. My previous MX also seemed to do it well, but from what I hear, phantom braking now makes even this basic endeavor risky.

I assume by "pay $10,000" you are referring to FSD. All Tesla vehicles come with the same cruise control (TACC). FSD provides a few more features and reactions to cruise inputs, but the TACC itself is the same.
Yes, and thanks for the clarification. That's actually good to know. I know, I know - I should know more about FSD by now. I tend to tune out a bit when we discuss FSD because I don't have my car yet. I am also not a believer in the FSD concept. I have FSD ordered right now, but did it primarily to speed up delivery. No such luck. Meanwhile, the only feature I really care about is basic summon to get in and out of tight spots, but I digress.

But that doesn't jive w/ what @zk19 said. Above they wrote that they saw 6-7 Refresh Xs ready to go but that an SA there said they were on hold. If it was a parts shortage they would have parked those cars in the field at the factory until the parts arrived. They wouldn't have sent them for delivery and then put them on hold. Something is up and it's not something they were able to catch at the factory. Hopefully for all of the already delivered Xs it's just software.

Tune in next week for more twists and turns!
I asked why they were saying they could possibly match me to a new VIN if there is a problem with some parts. They said cars could be from different batches so some of the ones that had the part could be ready while mine from a week+ ago may need to wait. Sounds legit-ish, but there is really nothing I can do to counter so it is what it is.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Stopped by at the SC yesterday and was told the same thing some of you are hearing. I saw about 6-7 refreshed X’s sitting there ready to go but the SA told me all X deliveries are on hold until the 15th per Tesla.
if cars already at the sc's are on delivery hold, the updates must be pretty minor, software based... unless of course the new hardware is already in those vehicles, but if that were the case there would be leaks indicating what the change is, I imagine....

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Any advice on when to apply for a loan with DCU? Current EDD is July and as y'all know it doesn't mean anything. Would love to lock in the interest rate
These days, auto loan applications are near-instantaneous. There is no point getting something now if EDD is July because if it holds true, then your application will be out of date by the time you need to finance the car. (For ex, my current application is valid for 60 days from a local credit union and I got it only when I got a VIN.)

Meanwhile, the only feature I really care about is basic summon to get in and out of tight spots, but I digress.
Don't get too excited. Last week, I used summon to pull out of the garage. The car backed to the entrance of the garage and refused to go anywhere - neither front nor back. Worse, the driver door was now in a tight fit with the concrete near the garage opening. I managed to squeeze myself into the driver door, and managed to get a pinhole-sized scratch on the door while trying to squeeze into the car. The car was less than 7 days old. 😢

That said, I do like FSD myself for freeway driving. But as many of us have said, it feels like driving with a teenager who just got a learner's permit: you have to pay attention.

Don't get too excited. Last week, I used summon to pull out of the garage. The car backed to the entrance of the garage and refused to go anywhere - neither front nor back. Worse, the driver door was now in a tight fit with the concrete near the garage opening. I managed to squeeze myself into the driver door, and managed to get a pinhole-sized scratch on the door while trying to squeeze into the car. The car was less than 7 days old. 😢

That said, I do like FSD myself for freeway driving. But as many of us have said, it feels like driving with a teenager who just got a learner's permit: you have to pay attention.
Ugh. I had summon on my P100 D before I sold it. I thought it worked reasonably well, but I only used it on occasion. Bummer to hear that it’s gotten worse.

if cars already at the sc's are on delivery hold, the updates must be pretty minor, software based... unless of course the new hardware is already in those vehicles, but if that were the case there would be leaks indicating what the change is, I imagine....
I have convinced myself that the change is the swivel screen since the hardware could be installed and nobody would know until the software activated it... though why would it be MX and not MS? hmm....