Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, and thanks for the clarification. That's actually good to know. I know, I know - I should know more about FSD by now. I tend to tune out a bit when we discuss FSD because I don't have my car yet. I am also not a believer in the FSD concept. I have FSD ordered right now, but did it primarily to speed up delivery. No such luck. Meanwhile, the only feature I really care about is basic summon to get in and out of tight spots, but I digress.
Summon is part of FSD as is NoA, auto-lane change and auto park. So there are things that benefit you having it every if you are not liking the city streets parts. I've basically stopped using FSD on city streets myself. It works, but the route choices it makes in my neighborhood are terrible, and it has no provision to "learn better." It is also severe pothole season here now. FSD makes no attempt to avoid them.

There are dried water marks in-between the laminated window panes on the driver front window on the bottom. I at first thought that the window was dirty but the dried water marks do not come off on either side. That is also on the list. Plus when lowering the window, it vibrates pretty loudly. Passenger side is fine.
Something like this?

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20220405175852.jpg
    WeChat Image_20220405175852.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 95
For those of you that haven’t taken delivery, wanted to add one more item to check.

I put the back seats down today snd didn’t notice anything. Went back to the car and it had a “right rear safety restrain fault” message. I don’t think it’s a huge deal from my google. But would have liked for service to have fixed it prior to. Now the seats won’t go back up.

So put your back seats down and back up again to make sure it works snd doesn’t create a fault.

For those of you that haven’t taken delivery, wanted to add one more item to check.

I put the back seats down today snd didn’t notice anything. Went back to the car and it had a “right rear safety restrain fault” message. I don’t think it’s a huge deal from my google. But would have liked for service to have fixed it prior to. Now the seats won’t go back up.

So put your back seats down and back up again to make sure it works snd doesn’t create a fault.
It's a software problem - SC can't fix it. Workaround is to change your tire size in the Service menu. This will force a reboot of all modules in the car and will clear the error - for a while.

I could speculate that this is the reason for the delivery hold, since it's safety-related?

• Informative
Reactions: tibook and Hebert
Mercedes have gotten so ugly! They all look like the Las Vegas Strip. Too much bling for me - the interiors are garish. I guess they got tired of being called the conservative brand and hired a bunch of ravers in the design department?
Yeah, the point is every time someone gets pissed about their EDD they say I'll go get a Mercedes, porsche, Cadillac EV but the problem is they're not available neither 😉

It's a software problem - SC can't fix it. Workaround is to change your tire size in the Service menu. This will force a reboot of all modules in the car and will clear the error - for a while.

I could speculate that this is the reason for the delivery hold, since it's safety-related?
Hmmm interesting. I did get a software update yesterday. I thought it was too. But I googled and a post from tmc came up saying it was a pinched wire.

Hmmm interesting. I did get a software update yesterday. I thought it was too. But I googled and a post from tmc came up saying it was a pinched wire.

I had this exact issue in the rear seats on my 5-seat 2017 MX. Confirmed with the SC upon inspection it was a wiring issue. Folding the seats too frequently wore on the wiring. Replacing the wiring resolved the issue.

Luckily the seatbelt still functioned properly, it was just the communication to the computer informing if the seat was buckled or not that was not functioning.

Don't get too excited. Last week, I used summon to pull out of the garage. The car backed to the entrance of the garage and refused to go anywhere - neither front nor back. Worse, the driver door was now in a tight fit with the concrete near the garage opening. I managed to squeeze myself into the driver door, and managed to get a pinhole-sized scratch on the door while trying to squeeze into the car. The car was less than 7 days old. 😢

That said, I do like FSD myself for freeway driving. But as many of us have said, it feels like driving with a teenager who just got a learner's permit: you have to pay attention.
Smart Summon in general is a disaster. And basic summon needs a wide berth. Haven't used them in over a year, I gave up.

I had this exact issue in the rear seats on my 5-seat 2017 MX. Confirmed with the SC upon inspection it was a wiring issue. Folding the seats too frequently wore on the wiring. Replacing the wiring resolved the issue.

Luckily the seatbelt still functioned properly, it was just the communication to the computer informing if the seat was buckled or not that was not functioning.
Thanks for the feedback. I might have put the seats down a total of 3 times since I got the car haha.

I ordered a MX in Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Cyberstream, Cream Interior, 6 seater, without FSD on November 7th 2021. I am based in SoCal. EDD at order time was June 2022. A few weeks later the date shifted to September 2022, and another few weeks later the date slipped to November 2022.
March 16, 2022 I got a text message from someone at Tesla stating my delivery date was approaching and asking if I had a trade-in. (I completed my M3 trade-in appraisal). I checked my EDD and it had moved up to March 20-31, 2022. March 21st, the date got bumped to March 29-April 19th. March 30th, the data got bumped to April 5th-26th. I expect tomorrow it will get bumped another few weeks.

Ugh.

EQS 580/450, Taycan, and even BMW i4/iX are available here in SoCal on dealer lots. I was about to just go for the BMW iX but something about it's looks doesn't seem right.
There's nothing available here in the midsouth the purchase new. Although my son arrived a few weeks ago from Japan and was interested in a Mazda 6. Picked him up from the airport got something to eat, went to the Mazda dealer and they had 2 new cars with the color and specs he wanted. We locked it down and brought it home that day.

Reactions: BadSeanny