Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only been on this Tesla order train for a little over a month. I ordered a 5 seat, LR, 20 inch, blue/cream beginning of March 2022. My original order date was May of 2023 (which I'm totally fine with), then it shifted to April 2022, yesterday it shifted to January. Today I woke up to a VIN. I'd honestly like to wait a few months and wait to see them work out some of these kinks....hoping the vin will magically disappear tomorrow. ;-)
VIN 7SAXCDE55NF33****
Wow. I'm jealous. I ordered last June and am in Sacramento.

Yes I'm a VINNER. Apparently one of the first 5 MX's to arrive in Toronto, Canada. 7SAXCDE59NF3393xx. Build date was April 08, 2022 and to take delivery April 19th, 2022 @ 10am. Configuration is LR Red with White 5 seater, 20" with FSD. Have already ordered a set of 22" Vossen HF-5's with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, Plus Mountainpass performance “easy big fella” BBK front and rear lightweight rotors. And without a doubt full and ceramic coating to finish it off.
So stoked!!!
I got the same message 1st montreal X LR 5 seater 7SAXCDESONF33XXXX!!!!!!! april 23rd delivery!!!!!!!

How did you find out yours was one of the first 5? I got a date range back when you did too, but mine switched back to August same as when Everyone with a date range did. Hasn’t changed since.
My SA is a personal friend and have been chasing him since I first ordered November 2020. Vinned confirmed at delivery date of April 19th @ 10am confirmed as well.

I don't understand what you're saying about old software better than new. Are you talking v11? I'm talking about people with Refresh Xs that were working and then after a software update get a constant stream of errors about rear restraint, brake warnings, beeping, you name it. Clearly, Tesla QAs their software as well as they QA the actual cars. Have you read the S/X Refresh issues threads?

Further, I was talking about things that existed in the old S/X software but are missing in the Refresh like the energy display (missing completely) or the ability to select what you want displayed on the sides of the driver's screen (I like the energy screen to be displayed on the driver's screen). It's that kind of stuff that the software team could have been working on for the last 2 years. Heck, they already have the code working in the previous S/X. It's just a port job.
Understood. V11 yes. I was saying that I wasn't totally satisfied with the latest software updates. Though I hadn't received my new car yet, and was commenting on my 2018 and beta.

You asked about other car companies. Ok. But I think you should sit down first. I have had a Volvo XC40 Recharge for 5 months now. In that time I have received 1 OTA update which added some new features. Prior to the update, I received an email from Volvo. This email told me that a software update was coming in the next few weeks, gave a link to the release notes with what was changing, and instructions on how to do the update, turn on/off automatic updates, etc.

This is really not that hard. Tons of companies turn out quality software every day. You can literally buy books on best practices for doing this. Releasing software this bad (and physical vehicles for that matter) is a choice that Tesla has made. They refuse to invest in Software Development processes to both write better code and use a robust QA process to test code prior to going out.
I am very curious about another software companies software update. I think Volvo is still the only other one that can do this successfully yet? Maybe there is one more in addition? Kia? So after 5 months you get a software update. What did it change or fix or improve? I'd love to know those details and how it compares to a Tesla update. I want other companies to be able to do this too. Tesla moves at a pretty breakneck pace. Maybe they should slow down to once every 5 or 6 months so they can get things closer to right?

So far several days on wifi at home and no new software update has been staged. I haven't had any issues except of course the phantom braking and automatic high-beams. I wonder if the delay was to make sure I have a really old version that is stable until they can finally fix the problems for real...assuming that it's only software.

I suppose it's possible that the whole software inspection thing is a smoke screen and the real problem was hardware and I already have the fix that's supposedly holding all others until April 15th.

Attachments

• 3E4E3D44-2CB3-43C5-8790-9C21529B6C31.jpeg
    3E4E3D44-2CB3-43C5-8790-9C21529B6C31.jpeg
    607.4 KB · Views: 110
I've only been on this Tesla order train for a little over a month. I ordered a 5 seat, LR, 20 inch, blue/cream beginning of March 2022. My original order date was May of 2023 (which I'm totally fine with), then it shifted to April 2022, yesterday it shifted to January. Today I woke up to a VIN. I'd honestly like to wait a few months and wait to see them work out some of these kinks....hoping the vin will magically disappear tomorrow. ;-)
VIN 7SAXCDE55NF33****
Wow, happy for you but as others said the pain continues. Im almost to one year waiting with just “July”.

Tesla must be mixing in some higher price newer orders to boost average sales price.