Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q: I'm in love with Apple's Dolby Atmos. Amazing leap forward in the way music sounds. If I use my iPhone to play music on my brand spanking new MX, will it be able to produce Atmos on the car's speakers?
Atmos requires specific speaker placement and audio processing / decoding. To date MBenz and Lucid Air are officially supported and of course it requires licensing from Dolby.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0 and bmah
Guess they’re building a bunch for Canada right now so those of us USA orders from late q1 early q2 2021 will maybe be in the next batch they build for USA.

Guessing the Canadian orders going now are 2020 and q1 2021?
Happy for our northern neighbors. But, is a reason to believe that if they are doing Canadian orders next, they will also do European orders before turning the faucet back on for US orders?

• Love
Reactions: gglockner and lsds
I just wanted to chime in and let you know that you are not alone, my month old Model X has been doing the same exact thing since delivery day. It's very random and I can go days without it happening but then it starts again out of the blue. Hoping it's not a hardware issue.
Still on our trip. Have had to hard reboot multiple times.

I can say that every time my car gets in this state, it is either after I have used my backup camera OR supercharging. When car is warm, meaning I have driven for a while, and I put in reverse the backup camera pops up. It’s like clockwork, backup camera freezes or gets choppy and car is hosed until a hard reboot.

Still on our trip. Have had to hard reboot multiple times.

I can say that every time my car gets in this state, it is either after I have used my backup camera OR supercharging. When car is warm, meaning I have driven for a while, and I put in reverse the backup camera pops up. It’s like clockwork, backup camera freezes or gets choppy and car is hosed until a hard reboot.
How do you do a hard reboot again?

Happy for our northern neighbors. But, is a reason to believe that if they are doing Canadian orders next, they will also do European orders before turning the faucet back on for US orders?
Unlikely? I thought the lead time for shipping to Europe is something like 8 weeks, so if they did try to make some for Europe after Canada I don't think they would make it by end of quarter. I think it is more likely they build Europe cars during the first month of Q3 for delivery end of Q3.

Atmos requires specific speaker placement and audio processing / decoding. To date MBenz and Lucid Air are officially supported and of course it requires licensing from Dolby.

Welllll... I can get Atmos at home via 2 sets of Homepods and it works great. It also works, believe it or not, through my Apple power pro EarPods. The iPhone decodes it and is licensed. I'm doubtful a Bluetooth or even USB connection to the MX's sound system would work. If it requires licensing by Tesla, fat chance of that ever happening. Tesla doesn't even offer Airplay.

Oh really? Where is this adjustment? Please elaborate.

Thanks

Underneath the kickboard there's a strike plate/box that the latch fits into. It's held by two large torx screws that allow movement in/out and side to side. Additionally, if you look inside the strike box, there are 4 shims of varying thickness. I'm guessing these are paired left to right to allow twisting clockwise or counterclockwise by fractions of a few degrees. There would be no way to DIY adjust this twist without acquiring these shims from tesla or 3d printing them with ABS.

Hold brake pedal and both scroll wheels.

BTW, I am traveling from Miramar Beach to ATL tomorrow.

Just installed 2022.12.1 at hotel.

Will know tomorrow if it fixes the issue.

My confidence is low and totally feel all of these issues are processor heat related.
I have been reading with some interest all of these reported issues. I think it sheds light on the big picture, which is that these cars are sophisticated computers that are tasked with learning to react and function better than a human brain so that they can drive us around. While I very much believe in the sustainable energy mission, it’s no secret that I’m not a huge believer in FSD.

Are all of these overheating issues telling us that we are asking too much of these vehicles at this point, so much so that it is interfering with basic driving?

Underneath the kickboard there's a strike plate/box that the latch fits into. It's held by two large torx screws that allow movement in/out and side to side. Additionally, if you look inside the strike box, there are 4 shims of varying thickness. I'm guessing these are paired left to right to allow twisting clockwise or counterclockwise by fractions of a few degrees. There would be no way to DIY adjust this twist without acquiring these shims from tesla or 3d printing them with ABS.

I take that back. It appears those shims are just the same sizes from vehicle to vehicle. The diagram shows them the same on mine with the upper right being a lot shorter. Looking more carefully, the shims are covering adjustment screws that would push the each shim in or out. This would still give you the twisting adjustment need to say raise the back of an FWD and lower the front.
Capture.JPG